Horror Film Discussion Thread - Part 3

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
Red Dot - directed by Alain Darborg (Swedish survival thriller)

11 February

ReddotfullposterimagemainBAD5991.jpg

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
Japanese CUBE Remake

from director Yasuhiko Shimizu and original version director and now executive producer Vincenzo Natalie

Teaser

R4lRx_4f.jpg

Last edited:

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
Red Dot - directed by Alain Darborg (Swedish survival thriller)

11 February

View attachment 1441220

Highly watchable, there is a unexpected reason in the tale for why the couple are being hunted. It did turn a tad black horror-drama in the finale, but makes a change from the usual Nordic-noir fare.

73/10

plot spoiler

Personally i blame
the parents who guided their son towards the road

Another horror drama that did this genre better!!! is The Body (2012) (El Cuerpo) on Prime! (not the hindi remake on Netflix)

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
^
Just finished Red Dot it was ok bit on the predictable side but worth a watch I guess, first thing I had to do though was switch off the awful English dubbing.5.5/10

Must had defaulted to what you had on another previous viewing setting, as mine played with original language.

Rambo John J

Distinguished Member
Finally the Wrong Turn 7 (The Foundation) Reboot Trailer

View attachment 1423822

The Wrong Turn franchise has made it's own Halloween 3.
I mean, come on... no inbred mutant hillbillies no Wrong Turn. It's the whole point of the series.
It was ok (in a hilariously bad, at times, way) as a survival horror but I don't know who they thought they were kidding when they decided to call it a remake/reboot of the Wrong Turn franchise. There's kids in the woods... and that's about as far as the connection goes. They could've called it pretty much anything really.

I particularly liked
how after 6 weeks one of the kids has grown a big Grizzly Adams beard yet his companion who's been thrown and left in a dark hole for those same 6 weeks looks like he shaved 5 minutes ago :laugh:
and there's plenty more "wait... what??" stuff like that all the way through.
There's some nice crushed heads, though.

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
The Wrong Turn franchise has made it's own Halloween 3.
I mean, come on... no inbred mutant hillbillies no Wrong Turn. It's the whole point of the series.
It was ok (in a hilariously bad, at times, way) as a survival horror but I don't know who they thought they were kidding when they decided to call it a remake/reboot of the Wrong Turn franchise. There's kids in the woods... and that's about as far as the connection goes. They could've called it pretty much anything really.

I particularly liked
how after 6 weeks one of the kids has grown a big Grizzly Adams beard yet his companion who's been thrown and left in a dark hole for those same 6 weeks looks like he shaved 5 minutes ago :laugh:
and there's plenty more "wait... what??" stuff like that all the way through.
There's some nice crushed heads, though.
It's different not the Wrong Turns of the past more Wrong Turn community

Nevertheless it is a interesting take and origin

the tree kid :eek:

Loved the final act though

7/10

Last edited:

Rambo John J

Distinguished Member
It's different not the Wrong Turns of the past more Wrong Turn community

Nevertheless it is a interesting take and origin

the tree kid :eek:

Loved the final act though

7/10

I would still ask why someone would take a horror franchise and reboot it as something completely different... but keep the name. It's like Texas Chainsaw Massacre without Leatherface... Hellraiser without Cenobites... Nightmare On Elm Street without Freddy... The Howling without werewolves.
If they're going to go down that route, have some faith in what you're making and give it it's own identity. Don't try to connect it to something it has no connection to.
The film was ok and I wouldn't object to watching it again at some point, but don't pee on someone and tell them it's raining when it comes to horror franchises that are always all about the villain(s).

Glad you liked it, though :)

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
I would still ask why someone would take a horror franchise and reboot it as something completely different... but keep the name. It's like Texas Chainsaw Massacre without Leatherface... Hellraiser without Cenobites... Nightmare On Elm Street without Freddy... The Howling without werewolves.
If they're going to go down that route, have some faith in what you're making and give it it's own identity. Don't try to connect it to something it has no connection to.
The film was ok and I wouldn't object to watching it again at some point, but don't pee on someone and tell them it's raining when it comes to horror franchises that are always all about the villain(s).

Glad you liked it, though :)
Most of the previous Wrong Turn sequels were dire!

What is your score for WT: The Foundation?

Rambo John J

Distinguished Member
Most of the previous Wrong Turn sequels were dire!

What is your score for WT: The Foundation?

I don't really put number ratings on films. My mood at the time I watch it would cause the number to fluctuate so I can't nail stuff like that down for 99% of films.
Based on actual quality I would put this below the original film and agree with you that the sequels weren't good. But they never had much of a budget to work with when it came to the sequels. As a general horror film I'd say it's better made than the sequels and enjoyable enough as a kids lost in the woods film, but as a Wrong Turn film I'd put it at the bottom of the heap.
Regardless of how this one turned out, the franchise was set up by Stan Winston as a vehicle designed for monster make-up based horror. Rebooting it like this is giving 2 fingers to Stan and missing the whole point of the series.
But there's entertainment to be found with it, I'm not denying that. I laughed long and loud many a time... particularly when Groot opened his eyes when the kids walked past :rotfl:

The fact my Mrs said "I thought this was supposed to be a Wrong Turn film" says it all.

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
The Possessed

From director Chris Sun, the Australian filmmaker behind Boar, Charlie’s Farm, Daddy’s Little Girl , and Come and Get Me, is exorcising demons with The Possessed .

The Possessed stars Wolf Creek‘s John Jarratt as an ordinary man with an extraordinary gift. “Jacob is an accidental exorcist and together with his nephew Liam ( Lincoln Lewis ), they have forged a career in clearing demons from the bodies of their clients

Teaser Trailer

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
SLAXX :D, those are a killer pair of.... you have on

Ok we've had killer tomatoes before, so why not 🤷‍♀️

Can we have a sequel Jorts? beach babes edition

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Tidal streaming service acquired by Twitter/Square's Jack Dorsey
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Netflix adds support for reduced theatrical release window
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Paradigm launches Founder speaker series
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 3rd March 2021