1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Horror Fans - Read this now.... Please!

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by PoochJD, Jul 16, 2004.

1. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Evening Folks,

Quick note: the sublimely creepy TV mini-series "Stephen King's Storm Of The Century" starts on Saturday 17th July, on BBC3 between 21:05-22:30. That's tomorrow night, people!!! :)

It's being shown in 3 episodes, one each Saturday for the next three weeks, in the same version that Channel 4 showed a few years ago.

If you want a genuinely chilling fable, that sets-up a truly horrific "What if?" scenario, then I highly recommend you watch this brilliant made-for-television drama. There's not too much gore or violence, but it works like all the best horror films - by slowly allowing the unease to seep under your skin, before ripping your heart out at the last second, with a gigantic scare!

For me, this is one of the best Stephen King works, comparable to "The Shawshank Redemption", "Carrie", "Stand By Me" and "Misery". I really can't give it any higher praise than that! Best watched, in a darkened room, with the phone off the hook! You'll soon know why. :rotfl:

Pooch

2. Promised Land

Promised Land
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Being a Friday night and a little drunk one must admit(!),I went off on a complete tangent searching for this in print.In my cyber search I found something that may be of interest to a lot of Terminator fans.Go to the site of any good book seller(didn't want to be so blatant as to name a rainforest!)and input the name "s m stirling" in the author field.You should find a list of three books following on from T2 that look pretty good,at least I think so,hence my book order and tonight's ramble! :smashin:

3. Dave P2001

Dave P2001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Damn, just read this on Sunday. I suppose there isn't a repeat is there. Rented this years and years ago and remember it being a great show, a real spine chiller. I keep forgetting about the Stephen King season on BBC3 and can't set the program planner as I am in Ireland and only have BBC3 in the other channels.
    Stephen King is a true master.

David

4. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Excellent mini-series. I remember when my flatmate picked up the DVD, we liked it so much we listened to the audio commentary by Stephen King for the entire series!

5. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    David,

Sorry, mate, there's no repeat! However, you can try obtaining the UK videos, (which were given a rental-only release), from e-Bay perhaps, or another second-hand video store. Failing that, you can still buy the entire saga on Region 1 DVD.

It's on a double-sided, dual-layered DVD-18 disc, but it does have the whole show on, as one 256-minute feature, and a full-length commentary from King himself.

If you like it, then it's worth buying!

Pooch

6. cosmic023

cosmic023

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
  7. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,024
    I finally got round to watching it last night..
    I can say I was not over impressed with it, it was a bit boring to say the least the same thing happening over and over for 3 hours then when they all got together you knew which way it was going to turn out and a very unsatisfactory ending, in my books.

8. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Garrett,

Sorry to hear this didn't give you as much satisfaction, as I'd hoped. I've seen it twice now, and even though I know the ending, I like the general idea, and the suspense was well-sustained.

But, like they say, you can't please all the people all the time. Nonetheless, I'm glad you stuck with it, all the way through.

Pooch

9. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,024
    Its all right Pooch, it wouldn’t do for every one to have the same taste; I recommend stuff no doubt others do not like. We can’t get it 100% all of the time. :rolleyes: ;)