1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Horror anthlogy question

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Glimmer, Oct 25, 2004.

1. Glimmer

Glimmer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can somebody help me ?

I remember seeing a horror anthology film on TV in the early 80s but forgot the title long ago. All I can remember is one of the tales: A woman comes into possession of a voodoo warrior-like doll that is ugly in a cartoonish way. I think the woman may have been played by Karen Allen, but thats a guess. Anyway I'm sure there was a warning not to remove a necklace/medallion from around the doll's neck which would free it from a binding spell. Sure enough chaos ensues, etc. This was quite comical and mildly scary if you frighten easily.

Any thoughts out there?

2. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,355
    Are you thinking of this one here called Trilogy of Terror with Karen Black?
    There also was a sequel to the fetish tale in Trilogy of Terror II here here.

3. Glimmer

Glimmer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you...that's the one ! Apparently the wee dude can be bought online ! Ya gotta love movie collectables. It would be so cool to show the movie to a friend and pop the doll up from behind the couch at the very end :rotfl:

4. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,355
    I have killed a lot of those fetish in my time as they are part of the Diablo II game. And they are as annoying ar the doll in that film especially when you have a dozen of them attacking you with their knives and jabbering away.

5. Glimmer

Glimmer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had forgotten about them in Diablo II! I remember being mildly annoyed as they swarmed around me jabbing away. Their knives were pretty big though.

6. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,355
    The always remind me of the fil and I think payback time.

Have you seem the sequil to that film?

7. Glimmer

Glimmer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't seen the sequel but I note on IMDB its listed as produced in 1996. My question is: Was the doll partially CGI second time round ? Just curious.

8. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,355
  9. Glimmer

Glimmer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    quote from IMDB

"Children of 70s television and pop culture were forever traumatized by the ABC Movie of the Week Trilogy of Terror..."

:D

Children in the '60s & '70s were also traumitized by Daleks. How easy we were to scare back then :blush:

10. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,355
    I was watching a documentary on the Universal Monsters the other day and found the horror very tame by today’s standards, but for there time I think they were far better movies.
    They also showed one scene where Dr Jekyll turned to Mr Hyde before your eyes, no super imposing or stop motion the chance was real time. Totally unbelievable for the time and even brilliant by today’s and had me wondering till they said how it was done..

I do remember watching Flash Gordon on TV as a very small kid and there were some dragons on which frightened me. But getting the DVD series two weeks ago found it was the usual lame monsters, iguanas :blush: . Still a good series for its time. :smashin: