Horrible Sky HD staff what to do.

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Purple snakes, May 3, 2007.

1. Purple snakes

Purple snakes
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Any advice please.
    I Phone sky hd to speak to them about me opdering open season on HD1 and not being able to record it because i reset my box. The lady i was speaking to was arguing withe me saying there is not a channel 756 and no such film on so i said kindly can i speak to someone else then please because there is, she thought she put me on hold, she then called me a f*****g cheeky pig when she come back she tried to deny it but i heard it plain as day. I spoke to a manager who just said sorry Ive got all there names should i leave it at that or take it further. The way they speak and treat people is terrible considering how much we pay them

2. ScouserAndy

ScouserAndy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    take it as far as you can, write a letter, threaten them with watchdog and stuff. Might get some free stuff!

3. kevstarkie

kevstarkie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Have a look around here for the email of Murdoch, it is here I have seen it somewhere and take this all the way to the top. When you get some stuff for free remember me for giving you this advice.

4. thfccambs

thfccambs
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,898
  5. Purple snakes

Purple snakes
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
  6. ittim

ittim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Thats pretty disgracefull, i have to say their staff have been pretty crap of late, infact the only time lately i've had good cs is when i paired my card for HD. (you'd never have guessed it meant more money for them would you!!)

I say take it as far as you can. we may want sky, we may be prepared to pay the high cost for it but you shouldnt have to put up with rubbish like that.

7. Purple snakes

Purple snakes
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    I forgot to mention she actually admitted it after i told her i recorded the conversation. well the supervisor admitted it she said shes very upset i said why is she upset I'm the one who's upset

8. ittim

ittim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    shes upset because she got busted!

9. Purple snakes

Purple snakes
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    I sent a very long email to murdoch, i bet i dont even get a reply.

10. Silver Serpent

Silver Serpent

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +415
    They didn't even know how to pair my card to my new box lol, so I had to phone a different country to get it done.

****s.

11. kevstarkie

kevstarkie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Keep us updated on the reply.

12. gd2

gd2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bet you do, I've just received a very long letter from the MD of Entertainment after complaining about the content of SKY One and the poor new SKY Movies.

13. Whitehot

Whitehot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think it is the luck of the draw on who you get to speak to at sky as there are some complete incompetent arseholes and some very competent knowledgable people working there.

Myself and the father-in-law upgraded his system yesterday from standard digibox to HD box ourselves, completed the installation, forced software download all with no problems.I then phoned sky to pair the card with the new box and to activate the SKY+ (just the sky plus not the HD mother-in-law doesn't want to pay another £10 at the moment) got through to a cs person who proceeded to tell me that you cannot do this as you need to have the HD subscription aswell.After a couple of minutes of arguing with this muppet who was adamant that you cannot use a sky HD box as a normal digibox and sky + without buying an HD subscription, I asked to speak to his manager, after being on hold I was then put onto his supervisor who after I explained what I wanted to do proceeded to tell me that I can do this but they will have to send me out a new viewing card so that the sky + will work.I thought this was ********, why do i need a new card???? I asked her to transfer me to someone in the HD dept which she did and I was put through to a guy called Mark, this guy was brilliant I explained everything what had gone on and I had installed the new box myself and just wanted to use my new HD box for normal sky viewing and use the sky+ facility and maybe upgrade to HD at a later date, no problem he said he then activated the sky+ all now working perfectly.I think sky have a lot of people who are poorly trained and as I said at the start of my rant it is the luck of the draw on who you get to speak to.

14. 3rdDegree

3rdDegree

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I've only had to phone Sky a couple of times, but my brother seems to be always onto them (maybe he's lonely).

Anyway, he told me that they often hang up on you. After this happened a couple of times, he called and asked to speak to a superviser. When talking to the superviser, my brother informed him that someone in Sky had just hung up on him; to which the superviser answered: "Yes Sir, that's very possible".

15. ash

ash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +396
    Good like! You've propably had a lot to deal with already with the purple snakes like me ;)

16. mray

mray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +235
    Hi.
    Do you mind me asking what the letter had to say about the new Movies set up?

17. Geordiepete

Geordiepete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I had problems with a PPV movie, took me 3 phonecalls to sort it out, because it was a PPV HD channel the PPv people denied any responsibility for it and said i'd have to speak to the HD team who only work certain hours.

PPV is PPV surley, load of bloody arse if you ask me:mad:

18. Salsera

Salsera

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    PurpleSnakes - wonder how you've got on with this? Have you had any reply to your email yet? I had a reply to mine - not v. happy with the probs we've had b/band and then trying to get our HD order through. I got a reply to mine to say it was with customer escalation (I got a call on the b/h to get it sorted out) Fingers crossed it's in the process now of being sorted out - should be connected on Sun. Will see what happens, would still like more from the customer escalation team though so will see.... Just wondered if yours is resolved yet? Absolutely disgraceful that it should happen in the first place. It's bad enough being lied to by their cs people. As someone else said, you get some v. bad people on there and some good people but as paying customers we should not bear the brunt of their crappily trained people.

19. NackNack

NackNack
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    They could have been trained perfectly fine, it's just the staff can't be arsed - that's what seems to be happening as there are a lot of informed Sky employees around.

20. ittim

ittim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I had issues with the HD subs (on a self install) third person knew what to do.

I called to cancel sports last weekend. (no footy, no point) and the woman was just strange, i dont think she really knew what she was doing. didnt seem to know the difference between a broadband subscription and a HD subscription.

Incidentally, i have a sky credit card and gained enough points to use the box office for free. i ordered a prem plus match back in december.

At the time i had an old sky plus box and the phone line wasn't connected so i used the phone to order the match. as promised i was credited for the game. however only since i connected my new HD box and the phone cable have they charged me for the game. If i'd never have connected a phone line again i'd have been £8 up!

Very odd system, very odd people. used to be pretty good, now they are useless.

21. Purple snakes

Purple snakes
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    I had an email from them saying they had no record of the conversation, surprise surprise but they will look into it. That was ages ago they wont do a thing.

22. echrada

echrada
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +314
    I have just contacted James Murdoch about a staff problem, and told him that we will be cancelling sky as soon as our contract expires which is in two months. I do not see why I should give a company my money and get treated like s**t to do it.

23. Salsera

Salsera

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Have you sent a letter to James Murdoch or their complaints department? They cannot get away that way - that is what I did, I contacted James Murdoch via email and before I had the chance to send the letter (was going to send via recorded delivery so it's signed for) I got a phonecall and within a few days it was all sorted - I also got an email reply from their Cust Escalation Team.
    I see that you said you wrote an email, did you send the letter as well?. I just can't believe they can get away with it, I'm angry on your behalf :mad:
    Honestly they really need a kick up the backside don't they?