Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

horrible dreams..........

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by hifiboom, Mar 12, 2005.

1. hifiboom

hifiboom
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ............ because not already bought the RD50.

What can I do? do I need medical help? :eek:

:)

2. mistycat

mistycat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am confused. Have or have not purchased rd50?

3. St_ve

St_ve
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The longer u wait the cheaper & better the set's.
    I nearly sent my RD50 back because of the ntsc issue & i was going to replace it with the Sagem HD45 i'm glad i didn't from what i've been reading.What i find surprising is that the first HD45's were delivered in January but it was nearly a month before anybody started complaning about the frosty screen. It just goes to show the importence of getting a proper demo of any set u buy.
    I think the only rival to the Optoma RD50 (if used with a HTPC) is the Samsung sp50L7hx if that set had been available 6 weeks ago at the same price it is now i'd
    have gone for it.

4. hifiboom

hifiboom
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I`ll have an offer for the Optoma Rd50 with stand for 3090€(~1990pound), about the same price you have to pay here in Germany for Sagem Axium (~1990pound)

I think it is a very good price but it is still much money, and I am just a student (at least I have finished all my tests, juhuuuuuuuuu)

:) should I go with it, or wait another 1/4 year,............ I canot decide........

5. St_ve

St_ve
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A lot of money for a student just think of the beer u could buy with it

6. Razor

Razor
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,435
    LOL @ steves comment. Yes very important Hifiboom, beer should always be included in your budget.

If you have a pc connected up to your RD50 then you dont have to worry about the R1 judder, its livable. All good toys always hit the pocket at first, but you will recover and you will get hours of enjoyment from the set.

Also when you get a job £2,000 wont be a great deal. Go for it Hifiboom.... ;)

7. hifiboom

hifiboom
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thx Steve, you`re right: beer is just one of the most important things in the world.

of course at every decision i`ll take in my live, beer is still included in the económic planning. hahaha

And I also have to consider, that if I have to much money for beer, I won`t see much difference between the new and the old set.

Maybe I should go and do a full £100 invest on wodka, beer, etc. and then drink all in 2 hours.

After that procedure, maybe I`ll forget that I want a RD50. :) but I`m not sure if this solves my problem.

8. St_ve

St_ve
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would have thought drinking £30 of booze in 2 hours should solve all your problems for ever, no need to spend £100 the other £70 can go towards the funeral costs. :lesson:

9. hifiboom

hifiboom
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  10. St_ve

St_ve
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hifi i've seen the Sagem45 today & i didn't like the picture much.
    Remember that post of yours with the two cows i had the impression that the picture was being sharpened too much but when i saw the 45D it's the screen that's not right
    it seems to scatter the light too much & makes the screen sparkle a bit if u concentrated on the picture & not the screen the picture was too soft & lacked detail & this is with the hidef demo playing
    The Sagem50 easily had the better picture showing the same material :rolleyes:

11. hifiboom

hifiboom
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you very much Steve for you info on the HD45. Its good to hear that I am not the only one that wonder about the PQ of the HD45. Although it is bad news for Axium 45 users.
    And its quite funny that Sagem is telling people that the HD45 is new and "better" version of the old 50" Axium.
    I`m sure they replaced some parts of the Axium 50" with some cheaper components, to make the product more a mass-customer product, as the Axium 50" was high-end display. I`m sure the Axium 45 will still drop in price over the next year.

I had exactly the same feeling when I saw both side by side. Funnily the dealer was sure it was the other way. LOL

So as we feel same about the two displays ( Axium 45 and 50 ), and you are happy with the RD50 PQ, I think I can`t go wrong with RD50, and you already told me that you didn`t see these effects on the RD50 (oversharpend,screen sparkle,lack of detail )

Although the RD50 has the same HD2+ chip as the Axium 45, i`m sure the RD50 has more the PQ that the Axium 50" has.

12. St_ve

St_ve
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had the feeling the difference was down to the screen it scatters /diffuses the light too much & makes the picture look soft.They probably tried to save money by useing a cheaper screen.I can watch a good film from about 3 feet back & one foot to the side.You would have to watch a lot further away on the Sagem45
    I think most people have bought the Sagem HD45 online, it only arrived in the local Comet's this week. I wonder how many people bought it without a demo.

13. hifiboom

hifiboom
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thats why I did not buy the Rd50 till now. I didn`t have it on demo till now.

And its too much money (even more for a student and even much more for a heavy-beer-consuming student as me), to be disappointed about worse PQ on a display that you have never seen before.

For the Optoma Rd50 it is a special case, because it`s nearly the same design as the Sagem Axium 50 ( while the HD45 is a new design by Sagem). I have seen the Sagem Axium 50, and I could risk a blind-buy of the Rd50.

But I am sure I won`t be able to return the set if I don`t like it, because the dealer has to order the display specially for me.

14. St_ve

St_ve
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Though the RD50 looks the same as the Sagem 50 it's really much closer to the HD45 under the bonnet HD2+ chip but picture quality more like the Sagem 50 but with more contrast.I wonder if the screen was the same for the Sagem & Optoma 50"'s