Horozontal scroling text unreadable

Maxheadroom

Standard Member
Hey.

I've got a PdP506XDE and I've noticed I get quite a bad interlased effect on horozontal scrolling text or fast moving images.

I've read the Pioneer FAQ on here and tried changing the Pure Cinema mode between Off and Standard and the drive mode between 75hz and 100 hz but it doesn't seem to make much differnece. Any ideas?

Oh, I'm using a standard def Sky box connected by S-video to a Yamaha RXV2600 and then by HDMI to the telly, if that makes any difference

xxxx

Maxheadroom said:
Oh, I'm using a standard def Sky box connected by S-video to a Yamaha RXV2600 and then by HDMI to the telly, if that makes any difference
I expect it makes a lot of difference. :(

I would connect the digibox directly to the screen using the scart lead that came with the digibox. Then set the digibox to RGB (and widescreen) in the setup menu.

S-video is a definite step down from RGB scart.

james_uk9

xxxx said:
I expect it makes a lot of difference. :(

I would connect the digibox directly to the screen using the scart lead that came with the digibox. Then set the digibox to RGB (and widescreen) in the setup menu.

S-video is a definite step down from RGB scart.
I beg to differ. It makes no sense whatsoever to me to invest in a £800 av amp that is capable of both de-interlacing and upconverting via HDMI and component and then connect your stb directly to the tv using scart??? :confused:
Personally, I would link to the tv via component from the amp and not HDMI.

MAW

Banned
The 2600 is well known to be riddled with HDMI upconversion probs. Best not to use it. A downside to being an early adopter. It simply does not agree with all HDMI inputs. It will be the cause of the problem almost certainly.

Maxheadroom

Standard Member
Hmmm.
I'll give it a go
Can I output everything I feed into the 2600 via a component lead?
Kinda puts a hole in my 'conect everything via one cable' plans otherwise.

Steve_B

I had up until recently had my standard sky box connected via RGB scart directly to the media box and found scrolling text to be fully readable.

S-Video is no way as good as RGB scart, up converting a poor signal isn't going to help in the slightest, probably just agrevate and highlight the issue more.

Not experienced with the inputs of the said yammy amp, but if it has component in, may be worth getting an RGB to Component converter...

just my 2p's worth.

cheers