1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Horizontal wobble on AE300

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by themoron, Apr 20, 2003.

1. themoron

themoron
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have only had my AE300 for a couple of days and it is my first projector.

I am very impressed with the overall picture though I have noticed that there is a horizontal wobble on onscreen graphics. Good examples are the Sky guide and football results. Is this something to do with the pj, sky or anything else in my setup? I have the sky RGB signal going through a manual scart switch then going through an RGB-S VIDEO converter. All my other connected equipment is turned off so they shouldn’t affect anything. Any ideas?

It isn’t a real problem, just wondered if other people had experienced it as well.

Thanks

themoron :mad:)

2. dunkyboy

dunkyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Why convert the RGB to S-Vid? Surely you're best off giving the Panny a pure RGB signal? It looks a *lot* nicer than S-Vid, and a lot stabler (I suspect the S-vid may be what's causing the 'wobble', if it is what I think it is).

Cheers,

Dunc

3. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Definitely source related - most likely your s-video cable itself. I get this when using a cheap 5m s-video cable.

4. themoron

themoron
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks Guys,

I will try it without the converter, The reason for this was that I was origionally getting the AE100 about a year ago so I bought all the cables then, but due to financial reasons I didn't get it at the time. I thought that the same setup would work on the AE300.

Will the AE300 accept the RGB signal through the Svid input? The only reason I ask is that the Svid cable is so much smaller than a SCART and as I have to have it going up the wall it will be less of an eye-sore.

Thanks again

5. dunkyboy

dunkyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Unfortunately not. :(

You can do an S-Vid signal through a SCART cable, but not RGB thru S-Vid cable.

You can get flat ribbon-style SCART cables, though, that might be less of an eyesore. If nothing else you could hide it behind a poster or picture frame or some such.

Cheers,

Dunc

6. themoron

themoron
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Just an update for anyone who's interested.

I have now removed the svideo cable and RGB-SVID converter and replaced it with a standard (fully wired) scart cable (I will be getting a flat cable in the near future). The picture has drastically improved, I didn't realise how bland the picture looked until the change.

The colours are much more vibrant and after some tweaking using some settings someone posted on the avsforum the contrast has much improved. :clap:

Thanks for all the help

:hiya: