Horizontal white lines using 2nd Sky feed

nicx7

Standard Member
I bought a new television to have upstairs and attached the usual aerial. The aerial is a 2nd feed that comes from the Sky dish downstairs. This worked fine with the old tv set but with the new one there are horizontal white lines across the screen. They disappear when it is put onto its built in DVD. I've tried everything I can think of (which isn't an awful lot!) Hoping someone can provide some insight!!

Johnbyte

Novice Member
I take it you mean the aerial cable is plugged into the RF2 output of your Sky box, rather than the dish. You don't say what you've tried, so here's a couple of suggestions:

1. If you're not using a magic eye, turn off the RF2 output power.
2. Change the RF output channel setting of your Sky box and re-tune your upstairs TV.

Last edited:

nicx7

Standard Member
Hi, sorry yes its from the box rather than the dish. I've got a magic eye in so will try step 2. How do I change the RF output on Sky? Sorry, i'm useless with this kind of thing.

Johnbyte

Novice Member
On your remote: Services -> Settings -> 0, 1, Select (gives you access to the Installers Menu) -> RF Out -> change the RF Channel out number

By default, it's set to 68. Try a different number, don't forget to save, then re-tune your upstairs TV. You may have to try several RF channel output numbers to find one that gives you an interference free picture.

Last edited:

nicx7

Standard Member
I've tried the majority of the RF channels and have definitely made the picture better (I now have it on 22) but I can't get rid of the white lines completely or the buzzing noise that has appeared on all channels. I'm wondering whether to just give up trying to use the new tv with Sky and just move it over to our normal aerial and use the Freeview or put the old tv back as that worked fine with the usual RF channel....

logiciel

It sounds as if some fault has developed in the wiring.
Test that by taking the extension TV to the Sky machine and connecting them with a short length of fresh cable.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom