1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Horizontal Wave on Sony KV32FQ75

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Jed Stone, Aug 5, 2001.

1. Jed Stone

Jed Stone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just bought the above TV and am really happy with the set. However, I seem to have a feint two line wave that moves across the screen. It is most noticeable when I have Sky on channel 103 where there is just a blue screen. I also have a video and DVD connected to the TV. These are all connected with Scart leads.

Does anyone have any idea how I can erradicate this problem. IS it interference ?

Cheers in advance.

2. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,081
    It MAY be this.......

The TV tuner remains on even when you are watching an AV input. It stays tuned in to whatever you last had it tuned in to - presumably an analogue terrestrial channel.

The signal from the tuner is output from the Scart socket, even though you aren't watching it.

In some SCART leads (or possibly, even inside the TV) there can be some crosstalk between the Tuner singal on the output, and the video signal on the input. This crosstalk can give rise to the sort of interference you describe.

Try tuning the TV into an empty channel (one with no signal broadcast on it) before selecting AV. If it goes away, you have the source of the problem. You can then start dismantling your scart lead and disconnecting the output connections from the TV.

Scarts - yes, they are the Work of the Devil.