Horizontal Stripes on Pana 32PL10

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Teessider, Dec 17, 2001.

1. Teessider

Teessider
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just got my new Panasonic TX32PL10 and was happy with it. Watched Matrix - lovely!!!

However, tonight while watching a film I noticed horzontal stripes on certain colours, mainly greys and grey/green. Checked this on the MAtrix and they show there as well, but I'm sure they weren't there when I got it!!!

Any ideas / experience? It's a 100Hz screen.

Dave

2. rimmers

rimmers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I have the 32PB50 and after 6 engineer call outs and a trip to the workshop I finally got the hum sorted out.

The only problem now is that I also get horizontal stripes all across the screen that move up and down.

If I put mute on they stop so I gather its interference from the sound card.

It amazes me that they fix one problem and create another.

Any suggestions

Neil

3. Keiron

Keiron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    To my knowledge, most Panasonic TV ranges suffer from this (I've had quite a few in my lounge this last year!). However, it only occurs on RGB. I couldn't live with it and chose another brand.

4. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you asked this elsewhere too? I am sure i answered a similar question yesterday.

Anyway, Panasonics are known to do this sometimes. My neighbour had 3 before giving up and moving over to Sony. His did it with s-video and composite too.

5. Teessider

Teessider
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the replies, folks.

Yes, Doubledoom, I posted it on some newsgroups and you responded there too, my compliments on your helpfulness!

These are thin lines which appear on digital cable (RGB), aerial (RF) and DVD (s-video). Panasonic have replied rather quickly to my note to them and reckon it's a TV fault for an engineer. So I'm contacting EmpireDirect tomorrow for help.

I'll keep you informed.

Dave