horizontal sliding ceiling rail for projector

richardS

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a ceiling mount for a projector but wondered if anyone had come across a horizontal sliding plate/mount that I might be able to use for a projector that doesn't have horizontal lens shift. I am trying to mount my projector as central (horizontally) to the screen as possible, but would like to find a rail that will allow me to shift the original mount left or right by 1-2cms. Does such a thing exist?

Would mounting to a couple of Unistut rails help?

Would mounting to a couple of Unistut rails help?

that's a brilliant idea. Made me think of Din Rails for electrical which might also do the trick and might be slightly cheaper. thanks for that.

It's much easier to mount the projector in a fixed position as accurately as possible first and then move the screen a few cm's left or right as required, as most screen mounting systems are designed to allow for some sideways movement.

If it's a fixed screen then align the projector on the wall first and then fit the screen.

yes, trying to avoid that as much as possible - I have about 10cm all around the screen when hung on the box that i have built. Went for the biggest screen that I could fit into the space. The yellow masking tape is the centre line that I am working to.
IMG_4047.jpg

You could get one of those self levelling cross laser levels and check everything with that, if you haven't already.

Like this:
Amazon product ASIN B08T87R8YS

You could get one of those self levelling cross laser levels and check everything with that, if you haven't already.

Like this:
Amazon product ASIN B08T87R8YS

yes, have had a laser level for a while. The centre markers come from taking a laser line across the room. I will of course be siting the screen brackets using this

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom