1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

horizontal scan lines on screen

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by evilash, Jan 20, 2003.

1. evilash

evilash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    i am a bit of a newbie at this home cinema stuff so bear with me! i recently purchased the ARCAM DV88P DVD player to go with the panny ptae100 pj. i bought the dvd player cos i thought it would get rid of the horizontal scan lines which can be quite visible on the screen. it didnt look too good when first set up but hoped it would settle down. after a couple of days i began to not notice the lines even though i was scrutinizing that screen pretty damn hard. so i was happy. unfortunately when i bought the dvd player the leads were second hand and temporary till they ordered a new set. i took the leads out to exchange but they seemed to have forgotten, so i took the original leads home again. over a week has passed by since i plugged them back in and i am still getting the scan lines. the player is set up correctly to accept 525p and 625p which the pj recognizes but the horizontal scan are so obvious!!!! is this the best it gets? i hope not.. any ideas...

thanks to anyone out there...........

jay:confused:

2. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,956
    Are the scan lines only visible horizontaly, or is it a kind of grid pattern you can see?

Gary

3. evilash

evilash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    HORIZONTAL.. I KNOW YOU GET THE GRID WHICH IS ON THE PANNY BUT DO NOT NOTICE THAT WHEN SIT AWAY FROM IT!

JAY