1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Horizontal Picture Adjustment - Philips 9527

Discussion in 'TVs' started by numskull, Dec 15, 2003.

1. numskull

numskull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know if the vertical position on ths Philips 9527 can be adjusted, as the picture on ours seems to be creeping to the left, leaving a vertical black bar down the right hand side of the screen in certain scenes!!

Can this be done though the service menu and if so, how does one go about getting into it. I only want a quick fix for now as I can't be bothered getting the TV removed over the Cribo period, so if poss I'll do a temp fix and will then put it back the way it is now and then get it fixed properly in the new year.

Any help appreciated.

Num

2. davidgirecourt

davidgirecourt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I suppose the first thing to do is change the format using your remote control. It is under the plastic cover last horizontal line of buttons second from the right (I think). You can also move the picture up and down using the big grez round button up or down.

Have a go

3. numskull

numskull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers for the response - you note that the thread title is Horizontal and the body text is vertical!!! Realised I'd put the title incorrectly but can't change the title of the thread!!!

It's the vertical I'm having a problem with - somehow the picture on the screen has shifted across to the left which means that where the picture contains a lot of white, it compresses and the edge of the picture moves, so that the "end" of the scanning becomes visible from behind the black mask on the tube.

Additionally you can see the edge of a WS film in the same manner - but by about 1 cm. This was never visible a few months ago.

I've kept the same format - SuperZoom - set all the time; switching the format doesn't' help m8.

So, what I want to do is get the picture moved back across to the right and assume this can be done in the Service Menu somewhere.

Hope this all makes sense!!!

Regards... Num

4. blindlemon

blindlemon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    On the remote type 062596 then press the "+i" (info) key. This will get you into the service menu.

From memory (about 6 months ago now) you need to get into the "drive" sub-menu and adjust the H-Pos setting.

Just hit "menu" to get out.

HTH :)

5. numskull

numskull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers blindlemon - pretty much sorted now!!

Num