1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Horizontal Lines Visible-Normal?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by cookiechem, Oct 13, 2002.

1. cookiechem

cookiechem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    First time poster, long time lurker . Big thanks to all forumites for their informative posts. You've helped me no end in buying new gear and getting it set up properly.

Now to a slight problem I may be having with my Panasonic TX-32PL10. 95% of the time I am delighted with the quality of this TV. However, occasionally I can see horizontal lines on darker portions of the image, particularly greys and blacks (no sign of vertical lines which some have seen on this model). These correspond to the lines which actually make up the picture, so on the one hand, I am not too surprised to see them, but on the other hand they are not always visible, so I am curious as to whether this is likely to be in spec or whether this may be a minor fault.

Any help would be appreciated, either advice or tweaks. If this is considered a problem then the more background info the better before getting an engineer out.

2. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Those sound like the scan lines you are seeing (which, as you say, make up the image). More visible with NTSC than with PAL images, but still visible on both. Also, more visible with non-anamorphic images, than with anamorphic images. I am surprised you say that you notice them more on darker images though as I find I notice them more on brighter images (e.g. bright whites).... Anyway, try sitting a bit further back from the TV, that should help.

3. cookiechem

cookiechem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you!