1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Horizontal lines on picture problem

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by nbrice, May 1, 2001.

1. nbrice

nbrice

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've a new set up with a Hitachi C32WF727N TV with a Denon AV-F100 stereo. I'd noticed that when playing DVD's (s-video) I could sometimes see 2 horizontal lines on the picture. These lines are most noticeable against skin tones where they appear to be slightly green. They also move up and down slowly over time. I thought this might have been some problem with the DVD, but I noticed the same problem with the composite output from my PS2 with feeds into a different AV socket on the TV.

However, the really telling thing is that if I've got the TV set to the digital sky input (a third AV socket) If I press the 'tv' button on the remote I see these lines, but if I press the 'sky' button the picture shifts suddenly and I don't see any trace of these lines.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing these lines and how I might go about getting rid of them?

2. Wayne Moule

Wayne Moule

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Sounds like Sky is set up for RGB output and not the others.

You need to set them all up as RGB.You can either daisy chain them together or get a 3 in 1 RGB switching box.

3. nbrice

nbrice

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    But they are all going into different inputs!

AV1 (RBG SCART) -> sky (set to output RGB)
    AV2 (S-Vid SCART) -> DVD (set to output S-vid)
    AV3 (composite) -> Standard PS2 lead.

4. rimmers

rimmers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    He is referring to a switch box whereby all 3 devices connect to a seperate scart on the switch box then a further connection is made between the switch box and TV. This would allow you to have all devices using RGB which from what you say ie pressing the SKY button cures the problem would indeed solve your problem.

Hope this helps

Neil