1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

horizontal bars on Pio 435, please help

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by justin_tyme, Jul 10, 2005.

1. justin_tyme

justin_tyme

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi eveyone,

I have had my new 435FDE for 5 days now, and I have just noticed three lighter horizontal bars running across the screen.

They are only visible when the screen is dark (i.e. no input) or in very dark scenes, and they are barely noticeable, meaning you probably have to know they are there to see them. But I can see them. It looks like those portions of the screen are just slightly brighter than the rest.

Maybe they were there all along, but I started noticing them just earlier.

Two bars are in the lower portion of the screen, the first starting some 3cm from the bottom. They are about 1.5cm tall and 1cm apart. An additional, single one is at the top, though it is less visible than the bottom ones. To give you an idea, they are ideally positioned on the "rails" where subtitles appear. As I have just watched some material with subtitles on, for about two to three hours, could this be the reason?

Plus I watched a 2.35:1 movie last night, but I don't suppose that can do any harm?

I have kept the contrast and brightness settings as low as possible so far, just switching to Movie mode and bringing them down a few notches when I couldn't go even lower.

Is this normal? is it the subtitles? Do I have to worry? Thanks.

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    It's not unusual. technically this is screenburn, but in fact it's so slight that it will wear off in a matter of days. New screens are much more prone to this kind of thing, relax, as it settles in it will stop happening. I had a 50" opposite my desk a few years ago, AOTC menu was left on it for the weekend when I had a Saturday off. 3 weeks later, no sign at all. But it was pretty bad on Monday morning.

3. justin_tyme

justin_tyme

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you, it is in fact wearing off. The bars are already less noticeable. Still I wonder what caused this.