• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Horizontal banding (?) on gray background Samsung UE55NU7400

rouvenor

Novice Member
Any reason why suddently these horizontal lines would show up on dark gray-ish backgrounds on my 2 months old TV? The model is UE55NU7402. Maybe the 1202 firmware update..? I'm fairly sure I didn't have it before because I tested gray uniformity thoroughly when I got the TV. It's annoying as hell while gaming. Factory reset didn't help. Please tell me as a last resort Samsung warranty will cover this otherwise I'll go nuts. The lines are perfectly symmetrical and have relatively clean edges therefore I wouldn't think it's a backlight issue whatsoever. (it's edge-lit anyway) Any help would be appreciated.

dsc0395940kas.jpg

img_20190121_183430k8j5h.jpg

D

Deleted member 433786

Any reason why suddently these horizontal lines would show up on dark gray-ish backgrounds on my 2 months old TV? The model is UE55NU7402. Maybe the 1202 firmware update..? I'm fairly sure I didn't have it before because I tested gray uniformity thoroughly when I got the TV. It's annoying as hell while gaming. Factory reset didn't help. Please tell me as a last resort Samsung warranty will cover this otherwise I'll go nuts. The lines are perfectly symmetrical and have relatively clean edges therefore I wouldn't think it's a backlight issue whatsoever. (it's edge-lit anyway) Any help would be appreciated.

dsc0395940kas.jpg

img_20190121_183430k8j5h.jpg

Hi mate

I had the panel replaced on a Q7 for the same thing, it will get worse the longer its left, contact samsung or your retailer and get it booked for a repair. They may change the one connect box or cable first (which is what they did with me) when that didn't sort it they changed the panel

cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom