Horizonal lines fill screen of my panasonic HC-VXF 1 camcorder..

greenfinger

Novice Member
Hi All,

Sick and tired of this camcorder, purchased a year back. Always went for Panasonic camcorders even back in the 80's - always fell between a rock and a hard place in terms of reviews but preferred to Sony etc

Now, i purchased this piece of...4k rubbish..costing around £500 via Amazon. Despite research never liked it and rarely used it. However, when i did aka daughters xmas/b'day and just last week at my daughters concert event - the camcorder failed me - horizonal lines fill the screen. Sounds records ok. I turn on/off / i change settings / allsorts / after about 45minutes of messing about / leaving it to the side..turn it on and..the picture appears but..green...from past experiance i know im onto a winner..turn on/off..and sure enough picture is back. And works fine. Always a worry each time turn it off...but tends to behave itself for a few weeks and then..will resort back to horizonal lines. In other words its totally unreliable.

So, Amazon are not interested, the seller - some shop in Wales - who needs to improve his packing skills - and Panasonic themselves don't give a flying....

So, im left with a unreliable camcorder, less than a year old. Other camcorders even my S-VHC -C ones from early 90's actually works!

Any thoughts? I assume it's to do with the 'chip' inside it perhaps? If i can find out i will at least know .what settings not to use etc etc but saying that..tried it on alsorts, 4k, 1080p, MP4 etc....dont mind not using 4k - a total gimmick that anyway!

Thoughts on a postcard welcome chaps. Pictures below ( note these are 'snippets' they are actually just loads of coloured lines. Sound is recorded no problem there.

( when i can afford a new camcorder will never again plum for a Panny )

Attachments

• PRETTYPICTURE ISNT IT.PNG
    PRETTYPICTURE ISNT IT.PNG
    3.9 MB · Views: 11
  • GREEN NOW...lovely.PNG
    GREEN NOW...lovely.PNG
    2.8 MB · Views: 12

Emerton

When you say 'Amazon are not interested', do you mean you have requested a refund via their returns page and they haven't reponded? It is obviously a faulty unit and if it is less than a year old you are entitled to a refund, as it hasn't lasted a reasonable amount of time. If you take a photo to demonstrate the fault, try to include the LCD screen of the camcorder, so that it's clearly not a fault with an external display and if you describe the fault, check your facts, because (unless the attachments are sideways), the lines are vertical, not horizontal.

greenfinger

Novice Member
Thanks for reply. I have emailed both Amazon, Panasonic again! Attaching new photos of the LCD screen, should anyone have an answer please let me know I suspect i will be fobbed off by panasonic and amazon.

Attachments

• Amazon photo 1 camcorder lines.jpg
    Amazon photo 1 camcorder lines.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 9
  • Amazon photo 2 - horz. lines.jpg
    Amazon photo 2 - horz. lines.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 11

greenfinger

Novice Member
BTW, Emerton, as you can see..the lines are vertical , i thought / assumed horizonal but nope Vertical. Useless rubbish, even 4k has so/zero features its totally pointless and the charging via camcorder is naff and the lead way too short. Sound is poor considering, and lcd screen a mess. HATE THIS CAMCORDER - always did.

Terfyn

I presume you have actually spoken to Amazon using their "Contact Us" page.
I have always found them very helpful even when working with third party suppliers.

As you see, I have done most of the recent HD cameras without any serious concerns.

greenfinger

Novice Member
Ok well, success, i have now postage back the camera for a full refund. Photos did the talking it seems and definately fobbed off previously. SO - next question...what camcorder do i get???? aware this one, 4k etc etc yawn..never saw the results of that for a start and all features didnt work with it anyway! - but any thoughts...im thinking £400 mark aware mobiles have just as good quality and heck, the sound on iphone is way better than the panny i just got rid of.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom