Horace having a play

kevin glover

Hi Guys,
I was in the garden enjoying the weather last weekend and decided to take a few photos of my 2 cats when the neighbours cat "Horace" decided to join in!!, here is playing around and rolling about on the grass.
C+C welcome.

Nikon D70, 18-135 (135mm), 600th [email protected]
PP=Cropped, Converted to B+W and duotoned.

Attachments

• Horace2c.jpg
    Horace2c.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 391

sbowler

Nice PP, love the composition of this, eyes could be a bit lighter for me, good entry.

kevin glover

Nice PP, love the composition of this, eyes could be a bit lighter for me, good entry.
Thanks for that, much appreciated. The eyes just looked "wrong" no matter what I tried PP so I left them in the end.

Catwomanglass

Ahhhh, what a cutie!

Love the picture but does not say 'play' to me I am afraid.
Great picture and love the sepia colour.

kevin glover

Ahhhh, what a cutie!

Love the picture but does not say 'play' to me I am afraid.
Great picture and love the sepia colour.
OK thanks for the comments. I chose that particular pantone colour as firstly I love the warm, rich tone and secondly Horace is a ginger cat so it just seemed to "fit" if you know what I mean.

Zone

Kevin
Original received but your attached entry includes the exif anyway so for future as long as you preserve the exif in your entry then there's no need to mail the original :thumbsup:

Sabretooth

For some strange reason this photo does stand out when you look at the thumbnails page. I do like the photo itself but not sure the tone you have chosen works well with it - but understand your reasoning for chosing it.

Good entry:thumbsup:

Zone

For some strange reason this photo does stand out when you look at the thumbnails page.

I actually think some forward thinking individuals take the thumbnail page into account when posting their entries, it can make a lot of difference imo as to whether a picture gets overlooked or not once the voting takes place!

I would however recommend everyone views each entry as intended and at their respective original resolutions as all I do is reduce the pictures to 195pixels against the longest edge, there's no sharpening etc :)

kevin glover

For some strange reason this photo does stand out when you look at the thumbnails page. I do like the photo itself but not sure the tone you have chosen works well with it - but understand your reasoning for chosing it.

Good entry:thumbsup:
Thanks for the comments sabretooth, much appreciated. As for the toning, you are the first to comment negatively about the PP colour as everyone including family, work colleagues etc have said how much they like it... but that is what is great about photography, it is soooo subjective.

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom