hoping this is the right place to ask. Need something that can:

kenio8185

Standard Member
Reaction score
convert 1080i component down to 480p component (or composite).

This is a bit of an odd request, but I need it because I got an HD PVR to record gaming on my XBOX 360. The way it works is that you connect your 360 to it through component, then it has component out going to your tv and a USB port going into the computer (to record). So if I wanna record in 1080i, I have to set up the 360 to do so. Problem associated with that is that my tv goes into static under such resolution. Even 720p is too much for it.

So I need a device (hopefully a cheap one, I'm hoping around $30 at most) that can take in the 1080i signal from the 360 and output 480p for my tv.

Right now, my only workaround is this projector that my dad got for his birthday by one of his friends. It's just been sitting, collecting dust, he has no use for it, so he let me use it. It works, but my room is a bit too small for it, so the picture is kinda blurry. A couple more feet, and I'm sure it would work fine, but that's not the case.

Another solution (although not one that I like) is to connect it to my monitor. So maybe a wire that takes a composite signal and converts it into HDMI or VGA (preferably HDMI). Then I can connect it to my monitor. I don't really like this way because although I will get a better picture to play with, I just like seeing the recording there to make sure it's going smoothly, which I can't do with this.

Anyways, sorry about all the reading, but if anyone can help, please let me know. Thanks.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom