1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hopefully not the stupidest question yet!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by bakero, Nov 25, 2004.

1. bakero

bakero

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks to lots of help from the various boards here I was planning to run sky+ to a Panasonic E55 DVD Recorder (using scart) then to a PWD6 plasma screen (using component) and have a PS2 going to the screen via RGB.

My Canton CD1 speakers are on their way, and I'm (I think) about to buy a Denon 2105 amp.

Looking at the specs for the Denon 2805 it appears to have component video conversion. Would I be able to use the amp to feed sky through? (using what connections from sky+ to the amp?)

If that is possible then rather than get the E55 I can keep my current DVD player - or buy a better quality player only than buying a recorder I don't really need when I've got sky+

Thanks
    Dave.

2. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I use S-VIDEO to connect my Sky+ to my av amp and then Component from amp to TV!

John

3. bakero

bakero

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks recruit.

It looks like I might be better off with the 2805 + a decent DVD player, and feeding everything through the amp to the screen, than with the 2105 and going through the E55 to the screen.

Not straightforward this av lark is it ?!!

Dave.

4. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No, But Fun :)

John