• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Hopefully I won't be dissapointed.

Scottyyy

I just bought a Panasonic TX-32LMD70 for £470 off Curry's. This will be my first LCD and I hope I'll like it. :)

I was going to go for the Samsung R87, but every time I changed my mind to it I kept thinking of my grandma's 26R87 and the picture wasn't very good at all in SD, which kept putting me off. After reading many posts here, and many google'd reviews, I decided to go with the Panasonic.

Now I just need a decent DVD player. I could probably still afford a HD-E1 actually.

Sorry for the pointless thread, just thought I'd share. :hiya:

matt1976

Standard Member
Hi Scottyyy,
any chance of letting us know what your thoughts are of the off-air picture? my friend is thinking of getting one of these lcds this weekend, but is a little worries about SD material.

xP I Deja Vu

Standard Member
doubt he's got it yet, but I have seen the LXD-70 in SD and it is superb. I saw it alongside a samsung R87 and to be honest there wasn't much difference, but the panasonic did have a better look and feel to it. I dunno how to explain it.

But if you want it for gaming, then the samsung is the better TV in my eyes and from experience :)

Scottyyy

doubt he's got it yet, but I have seen the LXD-70 in SD and it is superb. I saw it alongside a samsung R87 and to be honest there wasn't much difference, but the panasonic did have a better look and feel to it. I dunno how to explain it.

But if you want it for gaming, then the samsung is the better TV in my eyes and from experience :)

Yeah I know the Samsung is the better gaming TV but I'm going to be using this mostly to watch freeview and SD DVDs.

Hi Scottyyy,
any chance of letting us know what your thoughts are of the off-air picture? my friend is thinking of getting one of these lcds this weekend, but is a little worries about SD material.

Sure mate. It should come monday or tuesday.

nwgarratt

Distinguished Member
Excellent price for a great TV. I was looking at getting one of these but just couldn't afford it.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom