Hopefully A Simple Question About LG Models

Discussion in 'LG TVs Forum' started by DenzilTK421, Nov 6, 2005.

1. DenzilTK421

DenzilTK421

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Hi All

I am totally new to all things digital with regards to TVs and need a bit of help with it all.
    I have founud a LG plama that i like, but it seems to be French, and hence I can not find any reviews that are specifically for it - at least not in English!
    The model number is 42PX4R - does anyone know what the UK version of this is - I read on another thread that it is 42PX5D - any comfirmation about that?

Lastly, the more I read about HD readiness, the more confused I get. I am now worried that the resolution of 1024*768 is not up to the job of being fully HD ready, even though it says that it is!

I will be really greatful for any help on this!

2. Kalos Geros

Kalos Geros

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Err...

LG is well known mid-priced Korean company...

True HD plasmas (1920x1080) are unearthly expensive and are made in really big sizes (50" and above) since you'd really get no advantage of 1080 lines on a "smallish" 42" Plasma...since HD standard requires at least 720p lines of resolution, the model you are looking into IS HD Ready and has MORE lines (768) than is required by the HD standard...I'm saying all this in a good faith that they wouldn't make a 1024x768 plasma TV without HDMI/DVI HDCP compliant connection which is also a requirement for HD Ready, now would they????

3. SIMON T

SIMON T

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

i have this tv and got it about 2 weeks ago. i would recommend it to anyone as the pic is sharp and looks great. iv heard a lot of reviews about LG and didn't hear a really bad one so i ordered it and don't regret it. it has everything a tv has for more than twice the money .... :clap: :thumbsup:

4. Teccy Toker

Teccy Toker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The 42PX4R is 1024 X 768 res with 2 x analogue tuners but is not on the UK LG website.....Digisaurus are selling it (french import) for £1,465.00 delivered (I've just ordered one !)

The 42PX5D is 1024 X 768 res with 1 x freeview tuner and 1 x analogue tuner with a card reader built in....Bennets Electrical is selling it for £1,799.00

These new models from LG look far better than the old ones...I am currenty waiting for a refund on a px11 cuz it is crap.

Teccy...