Hooking up Yamaha RX-366

RadiomanDan

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello

I had to move my TV and sound system, i have a Toshiba 40RV525R TV and a Yamaha RX-396
before i moved it i had RCA cables plugged into the AUX ports , but i forget where i had the other end of the RCA cables plugged into the TV
Any suggestions

Thanks

Dan

The RCA cables will have been connected to the TV's left and right stereo RCA audio outputs.

snapshot001.jpg

The outputs OUT towards the right hand bottom corner. Ifanything other than this then you'd have to be a lot more specific as to what you mean by AUX ports on the AVR?

Last edited:
I'm assuming you've a Yamaha RXV396 as opposed to a V366?

Last edited:
I have a older model, i used the AUX rca plug at the left side very bottom of the unit

A couple of pics would make it much simpler to give an answer.

Thanks b1 the location of the receiver is difficult to get a picture of, i will need to unhook some wires, i will try today

Here are some pictures of the RCA AUX plug on the receiver and pictures of the back of the TV and the side of TV

Attachments

• aux2.jpg
    aux2.jpg
    292.6 KB · Views: 63
  • back of tv 1.jpg
    back of tv 1.jpg
    701.1 KB · Views: 57
  • aux2.jpg
    aux2.jpg
    292.6 KB · Views: 47
As I originallly suggested. Connect the left and right RCA terminated cables to the left and right OUT terminals on the rear of your TV. Now connect them to the corresponding left and right inputs on the rear of the amp. Use any of the RCA stereo inputs on the amp apart from the one labelled PHONO. In your case, use the inputs marked AUX as you used previously.

Yep, exactly as per @dante01's original advice, the OUT connection next to the aerial socket on the TV is where they should go. Where you have them currently is audio IN as per the label at the top of that column.

The ones on your AVR are fine, did manage to find one pic of the rare variation you have which showed the labels and it is indeed AUX.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom