1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hooking up videogame consoles to the sanyo z2

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by WillRock, Mar 3, 2005.

1. WillRock

WillRock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey folks, complete newbie here but after reading through the forums the last couple of weeks I've gone and plumped for the afforementioned projector. I've got a PAL xbox, ps2 and gamecube and I'm just wondering what is the best method for connecting them to the PJ? Any links to sites that sell such gear would be highly appreciated also!

Cheers,

Will

2. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +321
    To me, due to having 3 x consoles.

Would do this.

3 x RGB out via multi-cable available from

www.specialreserve.co.uk Look here for direct link -

http://specialreserve.co.uk/Logic_3_Multi_8393_r.html

Then put 1 x RGB scart into RGB > component convertor. Place a wanted ad on the hardware classifieds. Look here -

http://www.avforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=62

Then,

buy 1 x component video lead. Suggest buying from Mark Grant right here on the forums as a. supports the avforums and B. top quality. Look here -

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104551

Then, connect component video lead to converter and into projector. Bob is your uncle. I do hope this helps. It dead simple and probably the easiest way forward from here.

Captain Benefit :smashin:

3. WillRock

WillRock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers Captain, I'm taking your advice on buying the component from Mark Grant. Seems like a good deal. The RGB/Component converter was pricy though. My wallet has taken an absolute hammering. Cheers once again!

4. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +321
    Cool. No worries. Great stuff. As a Mark Grant fan I can say that you will not be disapointed.

Welcome to the forums by the way, and happy front projection.

If you have any question just ask, one of us should be able to help.

Cap :)

5. bigmacx

bigmacx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    (I posted this advice before but it's probably relevant to you too, it works for a Z1 and I'm pretty sure it works for a Z2 too).

I'd recommend not geting a RGB->component converter and ordering one of these instead.

SCART TO 15 PIN HD MALE RGB (WIRED RGBs FOR SANYO)

Available at www.keene.co.uk. It's item code is SBB92S and although it doesn't display it on the website it comes in a variety of lengths. This will allow you to take RGB directly to the pj. Buy a cheap scart switcher box and you can route all your RGB sources though it.
    I use one with my Z1 and the difference between RGB and component from the DVD player (in interlaced mode) is very slight.
    The cable seems to be very well made and I'm very happy with the quality I now get. Far superior to the RGB->S-video conversion box I used to use and cheaper too!

Mac.