1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hooking up question(s)

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by zoton, Jan 17, 2004.

1. zoton

zoton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi folks

Shame faced my AV connecting project is beating me!

Can anyone please help?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

*The bits*

Philips 32" 9618

Sky Reciever Panasonic

Pioneer DV99 Home Cinema in a box

*Connection spec*

<TV>

4 scarts(2 RGB);2 coaxial digital audio inputs;coaxial digital output; 5.1 phono lineouts;fm for wireless speakers;rf jack;
    s video input;composite video input;stereo audio input.

<Panasonic Sat Receiver>

Scart marked TV and one marked VCR; audio out left;audio out right;(a blanking plate marked digital interface?????)

<Pioneer DV99>

Optical digital input;audio left;audio right; s-video;video out;1 scart; audio TV in left and right....Line1 left and right...Line 2 left and right.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have used S video to Pioneer and TV and have sound no pictures...the whole thing a result of my ignorance I'm sure. i appreciate this is an enormous and boring question but some guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Z

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    S-video only carries pictures and not sound. On most televisions you have to enter the setup menu and tell it that the signal at the scart socket will be s-video as they normally default to RGB or composite.

Similarly you may have to tell the Pioneer somewhere that you are outputting s-video

3. jillops

jillops

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    wouldn't the RGB scart be a better option for better picture quality?