1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hooking up my Loewe Nemos

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Nik555, Jan 22, 2005.

1. Nik555

Nik555

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    Hi,

Please can someone tell me if iam connecting my TV up the right and best way.

My TV is connected to my Sky box via a QED Squart cable. My Sony DAVS500 DVD player is connected to my TV via a QED S-Video cable and the sound through the white and Red connections. (also QED). Does this sound OK or can I get better picture and sound?

I also want to connect my Xbox and have read about the 5 component connections being the best, but seeing as I have not got these connections on my TV what should I use. Should It be white and red and S-Video or just Xbox to Scart?

A bit long winded but I got there in the end.

Thanks very much for any advice, Nik

2. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +202
    Right,
    If your dvd player has RGB out through scart, then that is the best way to connect it to a Nemos. the Nemos should have 2 RGB capable scart sockets so as long as you tell it that is the signal that it is going to recive in the set up menu ,then that should be the way to go. RGb scart from sky Is right.
    The Nemos will take a componnet signal through one of its scarts. This is from the lead you are talking about with the the six phonos to scart. The nemos will not do progresive scan through the scart though so it would only be benifical if the picture quality is any better. In my experince it was not and I prefered rgb or svideo.
    When I had my Nemos, it was connected as follows.
    DVD player to RGB scart
    Sky digital to RGB scart.
    PLaysation 2 to svideo and audio in left and right on the side of the tv,
    VCR in to svideo scart.
    Hope this has helped :)

3. Nik555

Nik555

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    Cheers David,

I will leave the DVD and Sky as they are then. So you reckon that I shoud connect my Xbox using S-Video and Audio Left and right and it will be better than Xbox to Scart? Or would you choose one of these

Kind Regards, Nik

4. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +202
    well, If I remember corectly, out of the three scarts on the back of the nemos, 2 will do rgb and i will do svideo and composite(although I could be wrong, I have not had one for a while)
    I think the scarts were AV1 composite and svideo
    av2 rgb and composite
    Av3 rgb /composite/ componenet.

Does your dvd player output rgb or just svideo? I only ask as if it does rgb then you will be using one of the scarts for that, one of the scarts for sky, the composite scart for a vcr if you have one, and the side input svideo for the xbox. That is what I would do.

5. Nik555

Nik555

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    Hi mate,

Well my DVD player has got the red white and yellow connectors or an optical thing so what do you think now.

So do you think I should get that S-video cable on that link I posted or the scart or one of the other ones?

Cheers again Nik

6. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +202
    red white and yellow, is normally a composite feed, with yellow being the video feed and the red and whiite being left and right audio.

I would use svideo through scart for the dvd player.
    rgb through scart for sky
    get and rgb lead for the xbox and use that on the other rgb scart on the tv.

7. Nik555

Nik555

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    Right, so I should use yellow red and white from my DVD and into my TV via a scart, and would this be better than just plugging yellow red and white straight into the TV?

Also Iam not sure what a RGB lead looks like for the Xbox, click THIS! and tell me what one I should use to connect to my TV.

Again thanks David for all your help, Nik

8. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +202
    What are the actually capabilities of the dvd player,IE what are the exact connections on the back? does it have a scart,? svideo? out as well as the red white and yellow

this is what an xbox rgb lead looks like