1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hooking up a dvd player and a vcr

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by holly, Jan 3, 2003.

1. holly

holly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi....I don't know where else to turn with this. We got a new DVD player and we bought a modulator box to hook it up. We have cable television, so we have that box also. My problem is hooking up our VCR also with this system so that we can easily use either the DVD or the VCR. As of now....I just cant get the VCR hooked up!! Any suggestions?:confused:

2. Dutch

Dutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
    Hi Holly,

Welcome to the forum. Maybe you could tell us what equipment you have and I'm sure the guys and gals on here will be able to help you. I don't know what a modulator box is though :(

Steve

3. holly

holly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well....here goes....

I have a Sanyo TV set....with just a one cable hook up on the back. I have an "Explorer" Digital Home COmmunications Terminal - that I need to run my cable TV. It has lines for cable in and out as well as video and audio in and out lines (red yellow and white).The DVD player is an "Apex" with lines for cable in and out...and in order to run it properly we had to add a Video RF Modulator. This "converts the separate audio and video signals for the DVD player in normal VHF TV signals" (quote-unquote!).
    The VCR is an older model "Emerson" that has the usual hook ups. We CANNOT run the DVD player through the VCR because it scrambles the picture. I hope this helps someone to help me!!!!
    Thanks!!!:blush: Holly

4. Dutch

Dutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
    Hi Holly,

Mmm... I've just noticed that you are from the Colonies :D Just joking - we don't get many queries from our American friends on here. It's mostly Europeans and PAL equipment problems that get discussed. Maybe you could try your question over on the US forums at www.avsforum.com ? I don't want to be rude, but is your TV fairly "elderly" as it doesn't appear to have any separate AV inputs? It might be the right time to treat yourself to one of lovely HiDef sets that are available over there :) Sorry I can't be much help to you. Anyone else?

Steve

5. holly

holly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    LOL!!! I didnt realize where you are all located...I will try the other link you sent me...and thank you!!! By the way....my TV is not even a year old...but I should have gotten a more upscale model....defineately!!!!;)