Hooking up a A/V amp

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by jeffparkin, Sep 29, 2002.

1. jeffparkin

jeffparkin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Yamaha RX-V530 amp to which I have connected a Hitachi VCR with a scart to six phonos, a NTL Digital cable box connected with a scart to three phonos, a Toshiba DVD connected to the componant input on the amp, then connected componant output to the Toshiba television. How do I connect the Toshiba TV to the amp - there is one phono video monitor output from the amp do I connect this to the TV with a scart ? Do I use the audio outputs from the TV ?

2. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just connect the tv to the amp via a pair of phono's, if the tv is producing a good quality audio output, Toshiba's seem to be ok, then there should be no need for the audio connections you have connected between your other equipment and your amp, then what ever source you are showing on the tv the audio will be directed through your amp. ;)

3. jeffparkin

jeffparkin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Bob where do I connect the phonos to on the amp ?
    The inputs are VCR in/out connected by scart to the VCR
    D-TV/CBL connected by scart to the NTL cable box
    DVD not used
    V-AUX not used
    I do realise that the amp is basically for the audio what I was concerned about is if it needed scart to switch automatically.:p

4. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Recommended connections.

DVD Component > TV Component
    Connect DVD > Amp via optical/coaxial
    Digi Box AV1 > TV AV1 RGB
    Digi Box AV2 > VCR AV2
    VCR AV1 > TV AV2
    TV Audio Out (phono's) > Amp Audio In - Should be labled TV/DBS or something similar.

As long as all the scarts are fully wired switching will be done via the TV. ;)