1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hooking the PS2 up with the AE-100

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Bluecgi, Feb 14, 2002.

1. Bluecgi

Bluecgi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    how do you suppose to get good quality of the Playstation2 with the AE-100 for the games and DVD movies? because if you just connect the PAL ps2 with the regular (composite, S-video, component) cables, the quality will be bad because it will be interlaced, and not through the VGA port, anything not going through the VGA port will not be as good.

someone at the avs forum suggest to hook it up through the PS2-->HTPC---> AE-100, how is that possible?

is it possible connect it to a prog. scan DVD player and back to the AE-100?
    ps2-->prog scan DVD player-->AE-100?

or will the I-Scan pro do the trick?
    ps2-->I-scan-->AE-100?

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    IScan Pro will do the job, and give you a progressive output. For a budject player like the Panny, they might make a good pairing. Though in the past there have been problems with IScan Pro paired with some projectors, such as Sanyo PVL-30....might be an indea to question Alan on the Owl section...a bit below this section...

3. Moto

Moto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Failing that use a capture card, a pc, and dScaler and output via VGA connector.

I think anyway

hth

Andy

4. alanrob

alanrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +235
  5. Bluecgi

Bluecgi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    alanrob
    are you connecting the VGA box via the PC at all?

or just PS2--> VGA box ---> AE-100?

6. alanrob

alanrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +235
    All the box does is convert the PS2's signal to VGA, so you can plug it into any VGA adapter. It comes with the VGA to VGA cable to connect it up to any device that has a VGA in socket.

I've used it on my Sony TV and it works so I can't see why it wouldn't work on your AE-100.