1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hooking it all up to tv???

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by shippers, Aug 6, 2003.

1. shippers

shippers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the problem....panny w/screen tv with only 2 scart sockets.

i'd appreciate some help in hooking up a vcr/dvd player/digibox to a tv with only 2 scart sockets. if i can i want to hook it all up using scarts (its for my parents & they don't believe in buying additional a/v leads).

the digibox has 2 scarts sockets (tv scart & vcr scart).

the vcr has 1 scart socket (marked tv scart).

the dvd player has 1 scart socket.

can this be done whilst retaining the recording facility of the vcr (for sat/terrestrial purposes only,as i know that you cannot record off the dvd player).
    any help greatly appreciated.

many thanks.
    shippers.

:confused:

2. mrg

mrg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    does it only have two scarts or only two to the rear mine has two scarts at the back and an svid at the front.i have extended the svid to the rear internaly so i now have three inputs at the back

3. BrianC

BrianC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    On my new panny TX-36PD30 it will output everything through a scart of my choosing (I think, not tried it) so if your TV will do this (it should be under setup) just set it to output to the second scart - or it way even be doing it already. To test this hook up the satalite box to the first scart and the video to the second, turn on the satalite box, then the video, and set the video to the AV output (usually before channel 1), and the TV to AV 2. I would recommend setting the satalite box to a channel that isn't bbc1 to ch5 :D - you should now see the picture.

If you don't get a picture, then only way you can do this is buy purchasing a scart spliter and may be an addtional scart cable.

4. johnski

johnski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    shippers
    if your parents don't need to record from tv/sat if their watching a dvd, then......

dvd scart -> digibox vcr scart
    digibox tv scart -> tv av1 scart
    vcr scart -> tv av2 scart

make sure you set dvd and digibox to output rgb and on the digibox set scart control on.
    on the tv set it to out to av2, as explained by brianc

this setup will switch av1 to display the dvd when it is switched on, and revert back to the sat when you switch the dvd off.

to record sat the input will need to set to whatever your vcr calls the scart ,L1 or E1 ,something like that.

if they want to record whilst watching a dvd then you will need a scart switch.

johnski
    johnski

5. Turisu

Turisu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This would be the simplest way to do what you want it to:

DVD--->TV1/2
    VCR---->Digibox----->TV1/2

But if only one of your TV inputs takes RGB then you'll have to choose whether you want it on the Digibox or the DVD player. If your non-RGB port takes S-Video then use that for the DVD.