1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hook-Up Yamaha DSP-AX640SE to Subwoofer

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by judgefudge, May 6, 2005.

Tags:
  1. judgefudge

judgefudge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I want to use my Yam 640 to run only the centre and rear channels in my system but use my stereo amp for the fronts speakers and connect the sub (which has own amp) to either the av or the 2 channel amp. The Yam has outputs for the sub and front speakers but how do you hook these up. The sub has both phono (left and right) in and also speaker cable in. So if I run the yam sub out AND fronts out from the phonos on the back then I would have two phono's going into two inputs on my integrated. Is this right - what would I set the input knob to on the integrated ?

Thanks. :)

2. GFS AV

GFS AV
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure if this anwers your question completely, but here goes...

I have the same amp. I connect the front right and left phono outputs of the Yamaha, to a line level input of my stereo amp. This allows me to use the Yamaha volume to control everything. I set the stereo amps volume to about 10 o'clock (when in av use). The sub is connected via the usual AV amp sub output. Only problem is I cant use the sub when listening in stereo. Not that it bothers me too much at the moment as I have quite bassy speakers.

Hope this helps.

3. judgefudge

judgefudge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the response, the prob is is that I want to use the sub for both films and stereo - if I run my normal speaker cables from my two-channel amp to the sub then I need to get the signal from the sub output on the Yam to my amp too. I couldnt go to the sub because its already getting an input via the speaker terminals in from the stereo amp. Im not sure if I can have the best of both worlds.... :confused:

4. GFS AV

GFS AV
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think there's a way, but i'm not sure. I'm sure the experts will tell you how. Although it seems quiet around here at the moment???