1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hook up freeview box to all in one home cinema DPL2

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Skeeter, Apr 7, 2004.

1. Skeeter

Skeeter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi im getting a all in one soon either the LG LHD6530 or Pioneer DCS313 and im woundering how u hook it upto a freeview box to get the tv on ur dolby prologic 2 so u hear it on all ur 5.1 speakers as most ppl do.

I read somewhere that u hook it up by using a cable from audio out from freeview box to the line in (or somit like it) on the all in one reciever/dvd player BUT my freeview box (Strong brand) doesnt have audio out it only has scart and Ariel in and ariel out and anther thing with loop on i think. But my TV has audio out stuff like Audio left and right sockets on near the svhs socket. So could i just do it that way? If so what cable do i get?

Cheers in advance for the replies...

2. jaymac

jaymac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +138
    You can download the 313 manual from pioneer's website (free)

3. andy572

andy572
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Much like any other box, the 313 (I own one :smashin: ) will accept input by optical cable or by phono to one of its two, no three, two, no... yeah, two inputs. It is two! :D

One of the inputs is even labelled as 'TV' (on the rear panel and the remote control).

In terms of what your setup can output, I'm afraid you'll have to check again and work it out or give a little more description in this thread. Then again, I am tired...

If the sockets on your TV are definitely for output (thought I'd better be careful, as my telly has 'innies' and 'outties' all over the place - and it is possible to assume they're 'outtie' :( ), it is just a matter of connecting a couple of phono to phono cables (or a single 2x phono cable - which is, er, the same thing 'stuck' together and typically marked with 'L' and 'R' for... erm... er... :confused:

Hmm, I just did a bleary-eyed search. If I've found the right box (Strong SRT5000T?) and you do have the 'outties', use of the phono cable(s) with the output from the TV is indeed your route to DPLII bliss.

:)

4. Skeeter

Skeeter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thats the freeview box indeed, so ill tell u what connectors i have on the back of it..

UHF INPUT
    UHF OUTPUT
    MODULAR OUTPUT
    MODULAR INPUT
    12V DC
    SCART

So i dont think i have the outties as u so put it, on the back unless one of them is.

But on my LG RI28CZ10RX has input of svhs/2 scarts (one is rgb)/headphones/and a audio L R (dunno if input or output tho i presume output for obvious reasons) and another one (i think is composit (says video and is yellow connector).

My video lol is the basic model of matsui with one scart (dunno if rgb able) one tv output one ariel input and thats it for connectors on that.

So now u know my stuff what do i do when i get the dcs313 (most likely) or LG lhd6530.

5. Skeeter

Skeeter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I looked but couldn't find the dcs313 manual when i searched in the online manulas section. If anyone can provide a link directly to the right page or even the download itself would be fab as i'd really like to read the manual to see what it can do, as i do that so i know what im getting.

6. jaymac

jaymac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +138
    Go to Pioneer.co.uk at the bottom of the page in small print click on online manuals. Page Support >online manuals opens. Click on enter european database. A search box opens Just enter 313 You should then get alist of 313 manuals in various lingos Find the one you want . For some reason Pioneer split them up ie speakers/ receiver etc., I have the 99 and any sound input to the tv. . Is played back through the scart from the 99 to tv

7. Skeeter

Skeeter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Been there tryed 313 but there is no dcs-313 manual except 3 313 other things and only one in english was about speaker stand setup.

if u have a manual in pdf format is it possible for u to upload it or something?

8. jaymac

jaymac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +138
    I think the problem is the name I think youll find it is also called the XV-DV313. still put just 313 in the search box .when the list opens about halfway down youll find the installation manual it is oly 2 pages shows all connections. Right click and save as target .If you want the full manual 92 pages that is 2nd from bottom as dvd/ receiver . obtain as before
    Good luck

9. Skeeter

Skeeter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers that worked a treat :)

It's just nice b4 u buy what the manual says thats all like what it can and cant do what the options are and the specs and stuff like that. Lol i have 3 manuals for panasonic scht500 the lg one and the pioneer one and the pio has the biggest manual and in my view means there good with details and also there got some good stuff that i read in.

Again cheers