1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hook me up! Cabling advice needed. What? and how?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Mojo-Filter, Jun 22, 2005.

1. Mojo-Filter

Mojo-Filter
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi folks,
    I am in the middle of gutting out the clapped out old garbage I have for a TV and DVD set up and replacing it with shiny new stuff. I have decided on the kit, I just need some major cabling advice (probably not major to you guys, but you get the picture). I have never used anything other than throw away freebie cables for my TV set up as the quality of the kit involved didn't really justify he purchase of decent cables, but now it does IMO, correct me if I am wrong.
    What I need to know is what cables I will need for the best possible quality in this set up...

Pioneer DV 575A --component? and audio?-->Toshiba 32ZP48
    Pace Telewest Digibox --(not RGB I don't think) scart?-->Toshiba 32ZP48

...not too complicated I would hope, budget is quite tight though to be honest, around £100. Also just as a side thought would it be possible to integrate my Quad CD-P into the set up to have my hi-fi speakers act as the front speakers of the surround set up? With the TV obviously supplying the back, middle and sub. I am not looking for anything too sophisticated surround wise, just something acceptable until the budget is better for a separate set up. Anyway hope someone out there can help, you have all be very helpful so far. Here's hoping.

Thanks in advance

Kenny