• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Hong Kong

spannersatcx

spannersatcx

johnaalex

Distinguished Member
Excellent shots, especially the dusk/night ones. I assume at some point you'll be going to the top of the Peak - there are some great views from there! One minor point I think some of the shots would benefit from a pit of perpestive correction.

shotokan101

Banned

spannersatcx

Thanks, I'm a bit limited by the steam driven laptop I'm using, painfully slow.
Did the peak last year with the Mrs, might try it when my son visits in December but the haze/pollution is a bit rife at the moment. Not sure how to stitch them together, yet.
The peak.
The peak by Mark Harris, on Flickr

spannersatcx

I've got PSE on laptop which I've just discovered panoramic on, tried it, not saying it's slow but just been out to eat and it's still going!

GaseousClay

Distinguished Member
Considering the source files weren't planned as a pano it's turned out pretty well. With hindsight as johnaalex says a bit of perspective correction may have helped. However a bit of pushing and pulling with the warp tool it's possible to level out the bulging water and square up a few of the towers.

226699edit.jpg

shotokan101

Banned
...that last shot looks rather "Warm" ;)

shotokan101

Banned
as I've posted it here does that mean I can not enter it in the compo? Struggling to find something otherwise!

Shouldn't cause a problem - no rules against posting elsewhere :)

Jim

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom