Hong Kong

spannersatcx

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Excellent shots, especially the dusk/night ones. I assume at some point you'll be going to the top of the Peak - there are some great views from there! One minor point I think some of the shots would benefit from a pit of perpestive correction.

Thanks, I'm a bit limited by the steam driven laptop I'm using, painfully slow.
Did the peak last year with the Mrs, might try it when my son visits in December but the haze/pollution is a bit rife at the moment. Not sure how to stitch them together, yet.
The peak.
The peak by Mark Harris, on Flickr

I've got PSE on laptop which I've just discovered panoramic on, tried it, not saying it's slow but just been out to eat and it's still going!

An idea would be to resize the source images first if you're not too bothered about the final output file resolution. :smashin:

Panorama, although I didn't really think about shooting a panorama, so the shots weren't planned, I had 3 that fitted together I think, although not great, I didn't do anything to it after creating it in PSE.
Untitled_Panorama1 by Mark Harris, on Flickr

Considering the source files weren't planned as a pano it's turned out pretty well. With hindsight as johnaalex says a bit of perspective correction may have helped. However a bit of pushing and pulling with the warp tool it's possible to level out the bulging water and square up a few of the towers.

226699edit.jpg

...that last shot looks rather "Warm" ;)

Did think about it but wasn't sure as there's no cat involved! Off out on a trek today hopefully I'll find something!

as I've posted it here does that mean I can not enter it in the compo? Struggling to find something otherwise!

Shouldn't cause a problem - no rules against posting elsewhere :)

Jim

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom