hong kong prices

andya

hi everyone went to hong kong about 7 years ago and rember i saved a lot off cash have know the chance to go again ,has anyone got any idea if it would be cheaper than usa im after allsorts off stuff i rember that nathan rd was the one to avoid shop just need to really know will i save that much cash on the likes off sandisk compact flash 2gig extreme cards ect

tgl

Novice Member
andya said:
hi everyone went to hong kong about 7 years ago and rember i saved a lot off cash have know the chance to go again ,has anyone got any idea if it would be cheaper than usa im after allsorts off stuff i rember that nathan rd was the one to avoid shop just need to really know will i save that much cash on the likes off sandisk compact flash 2gig extreme cards ect

Yep, Nathan Road is a good place to start to see what's available, and to get a better understanding of what you want. The sales guys are generally quite knowledgeable, but as you say, the can rip you off unless you can prove you are local resident. Even then, you are likely to spend similar prices to those in the UK.

I suggest you go to the less touristy places like Causeway Bay, Fortress Hill, North Point, and Quary Bay on Hong Kong island. That stretch on the MTR train system should reveal some real shopping gems, but prepared to hunt around. Alternatively have a wonder around Sham Shui Po on Kowloon side.

Good luck.

tgl

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sony A90J/A80J OLED details, Best type of Amplification, Film & TV Show News + Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom