Honeywell evohome opinions.

That pin looks like it's been pulled out. Can you press down on it hard to see how far it goes in the valve body and is it springing back ok?

Pin goes in and springs back out. The only way i can get the trv to fit is if the adapter (that comes with it in the box) is fitted but i can't see how that fits to the valve.

Silly question but are you fully opening the hr92 thread adaptor before trying to screw it on?

Yes, fully opened. It would appear that the HR92 thread is about 2mm bigger and won't screw over my existing thread thread.
If you see from my photo above the current trv thread is 30mm hence why the HR92 won't fit as it's bigger.

I will take some photo's tonight when i'm home to explain better.

@Skood

Just wanted to say thanks for the help earlier. The link you sent me didn't suit but after speaking to Richard at the EVOhome shop he put me in touch with a company who make an adaptor to fit my valves.

If anyone is reading this and wants to know then my valve is an Orkli M28x1mm so i required this adaptor - Orkli TRV Adaptor

Hopefully have the system installed sooner rather than later :)

Going to install this next Friday so been doing lots of reading (it can be quite intense so quite apprehensive!)

One thing i thought of and i can't seem to find the answer (or googling the wrong thing) -

I will have 6 Hr92's, 1 in each bedroom (3) 1 in the kitchen and 2 in my living room. Rather than have 6 zones i'd like to have 5 with my living room controlling 2.
Is this something that can be done?
If so how do i do it?

@Skood

Yes you set up the number of rooms and when you come to that room you set your sensor - which is either one of the hr92's or the evotouch and then you bind both hr92's as actuators. That room is then one zone but each rad is independently controlled

Yes you set up the number of rooms and when you come to that room you set your sensor - which is either one of the hr92's or the evotouch and then you bind both hr92's as actuators. That room is then one zone but each rad is independently controlled

Thank you!

I've been googling all sorts of way to ask the question, quick response too :thumbsup:

One other quick question; I assume that i wll let the evohome control the rooms where no HR92 is present?
I will have my bathroom, utility room and garage.

Evohome won't be able to control those zones. If they don't have a hr92 then they don't exist as far as evohome is concerned. Those rads will only come on when one of the zones with a hr92 calls for heat.

Gotcha. So in the morning the bathroom towel rail will come on as the bedroom will require heat and the other 2 as well.

Thanks again :)

One piece of advice when you install, especially if you've bought a evohome bundle, is to factory reset the evohome and reset the bindings on the hr92's and brd91. I had all sorts of problems when I first installed mine due to conflicting bindings.

I have bought a bundle and 2 separate hr92 so that's another fine tip!

Looks like I may be pestering you quite a bit!!

is the evohome still a 12 zone limit, I have 14 radiators and desperate to have much more control over these. Is my only other option to take a look at the Heat Genius system?

It's limited to 12 zones, but you can have multiple radiators in a zone. I have three radiators in my Living Room in one zone. On my very early unit you can also have multiple rooms in a zone by telling each radiator valve to use its own temperature readings, but obviously then all the rooms in the zone have to follow the same schedule and the main unit will only display the current temperature for one of the rooms. You should check that current units still allow this though as it sounds like some features have been removed.

The zone of many rooms remains a core feature. Not sure what you mean by the latest updates removing features though?

Earlier in the thread people said the latest versions no longer allow optimisation to be set per zone.

Installed yesterday and fairly straightforward. No binding issues and excellent signal to all.

I have a few initial questions if someone can help?

1. The evohome controller cannot find my network, can find all the neighbours but not mine. I tried switching the router off and back on but to no avail.

2. The master bedroom trv has window on display and will not heat up. I know there is a window system detection but there is no window open and I can't turn it off.

3. Is the display on the trv the actual room temperature or what it should be at?

4. On the evohome controller what do the colours represent? I've attached mine for reference.

Will have more so thanks for any help :)

Attachments

• 1458383602163.jpg
    1458383602163.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 180
anybody be able to help me.

I want to add this system to my home however I don't want to buy the controller. Im planing to use this integrated in to my control4 touchscreens.

I have the C4 driver but what parts and I'm going to need? and can i even buy it without the honeywell touchscreen?

Thanks

You have to use the Evo Touch regardless as all comms between this and the peripheral devices is a proprietary wireless protocol, so any C4 driver will be based on the cloud-server API which has been published. The only other option is a custom Evo system from Sensible Heat as they have their own interface and C4 driver that does not use the cloud servers but communicates directly with the Evo Touch controllers.

Thanks for that, seems a shame to have such a nice TS tucked away. Do you know if i will need the wireless gateway also?

Im guessing I will as even though I won't be using the app my control4 using will be using IP control

There is no way to use the Honeywell Gateway with new wifi Evo Touch controllers, the gateway was only for the older non-wifi version which has not been available to buy for quite a while now.

There is no way to use the Honeywell Gateway with new wifi Evo Touch controllers, the gateway was only for the older non-wifi version which has not been available to buy for quite a while now.

So does the new TC interface with your router? Logic says it must have sort of TC/IP interface for it to work.

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom