Honest Reassurance

K

Kobus

Hi,

I recently purchased a 1 year old pair of B&W 803's. The price I paid was about the same as what a new pair of 703's would have cost. As the 803 is the "old" nautilus technology and the 703 employ later technology, was it a good buy.

1. Are the 803 that much better than the 703 ?.
2. Considering that for now the "best" amp I can afford/justify is a pioneer ax5ai, did I buy to "big" a speaker ?.
3. A little unrelated, but can I later ad poweramps to the pioneer?. Is it best to take the plunge now (NO) for a pre/power setup, and if I could ad poweramps to the pioneer, what is the benefit of a seperate processor?.

Thank you all

Kobus

I have the older 804 matrix,I heard the 700 series,the 804 to me played music,the 700 sounded harsher,greyer,but had better bass control.I think also B&W with Pioneer is harsh,you may find different.

I would add a power amp to the pioneer. The benefit of swapping the Pioneer for a pre/pro is for your ears to tell you.

the 803's are a difficult load and I would agree with Daneel - adding a decent power amp will get a lot more out of them.

Kobus - have you noticed im advising you to spend more and more money ! Sorry :oops:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom