Honest question about British Muslims...

stanga

Established Member
Reaction score
How much is done by Muslim communities to root out Islamist preachers and those that peddle hate?

I can't quite get the whole C4 Despatches 'Undercover Mosque' aftermath out of my mind.

Not just bricks and mortar in 'Undercover Mosque' ... we need to look at extremism and Islamist preachers streaming straight to the bedroom.

Whichever way we look at it, our freedoms in the future will be restricted because of security concerns.

Not quite sure what you mean about root out or do you mean report ?

... and what is the standard unit?
back of an envelope guestimate - 219.33 kR-OU (kilo root-out units) is done by them, accounting for turbulent flow and non-Newtonian dynamics

Seems to be more of a rhetorical question? Have read and watched plenty of news stories of families/communities reporting extremists
... but as to how much - need to to know the total size of community and total size of extremist groups - will never be able to quantify it, and it's clear that they operate discretely or covertly, so you can't expect Muslim 'civilians' to know of that many

back of an envelope guestimate - 219.33 kR-OU (kilo root-out units) is done by them, accounting for turbulent flow and non-Newtonian dynamics

Seems to be more of a rhetorical question? Have read and watched plenty of news stories of families/communities reporting extremists
... but as to how much - need to to know the total size of community and total size of extremist groups - will never be able to quantify it, and it's clear that they operate discretely or covertly, so you can't expect Muslim 'civilians' to know of that many

No need to be that precise (or facetious).

What happened to the people identified in that programme, for example? We know they weren't charged or prosecuted for anything they were caught on camera doing/saying.

What happened to the people identified in that programme, for example? We know they weren't charged or prosecuted for anything they were caught on camera doing/saying.

However that isnt down to the Muslim community that would be down to the police or the CPS

I was answering your point about "charging and prosecuting" , the Muslim community cant do that.

I was answering your point about "charging and prosecuting" , the Muslim community cant do that.

My point is more about making their radicalisation 'operations' impossible, less about the uselessness and rank irrelevance of the CPS and the West Midlands Constabulary.

What would you ask the Muslim community to do ?

Look to their own future in an erstwhile tolerant society.

The risk of a quite unpleasant future for all of us is very real. I think the security services are going to be given unprecedented powers in terms of our privacy. Where will that lead?

That seems to imply that the Muslim community isnt doing so now, though it could also be questioned what the "Muslim Community" actually means.

If you seriously think that some members of the muslim community in the UK however small do not know what is happening or indeed funding some of them well, what more can we say.

That seems to imply that the Muslim community isnt doing so now, though it could also be questioned what the "Muslim Community" actually means.

Were they doing so in Molenbeek? We hear about Muslim 'marginalised ghettos' as being part of the problem. Maybe Molenbeek doesn't exist. Maybe we can question what Molenbeek actually means?

A blind eye for a blind eye.

There are no Muslim communities. We all live as one happy, contented, homologous mass where everyone speaks English as a first language and the Union Jack flies from every flagpost.

Come on, chap. Let's debate this seriously.

However equally there is no homogeneous Muslim community.

Its as ridiculous as saying that all Christians in Northern Ireland should done something about the IRA. Cant see where i said there wasnt any Muslim communities.

Yes in any community there will be people who both help and turn a blind eye to criminal activity , but that doesnt mean everyone in that area who just happens to be the same religion and attend the same place of worship does.

Its seems one poster in this thread has his head buried so deep in the sand he thinks he's an ostrich and finds everything funny.

Its seems one poster in this thread has his head buried so deep in the sand he thinks he's an ostrich and finds everything funny.

I suspect more that some of the replies to his post dont merit a full reply as much too much putting words into his mouth, and mine as well.

How much is done by Muslim communities to root out Islamist preachers and those that peddle hate?
I can't quite get the whole C4 Despatches 'Undercover Mosque' aftermath out of my mind.
I thought the OP was quite a reasonable question. Maybe instead of the word 'community' it should been phrased that the people who attend a particular mosque with a 'hate preacher' should report the nefarious activities.

The issue is also what defines "how much", which i believe is the point that Krish was making.

If the question was phrased "Should people report when they hear a "hate preacher" in a mosque" then the answer for me is yes ?

However some wont in the same way some wont report the IRA, The Mafia, The Yakuza, East End Gangsters, etc. Maybe through fear, respect, intimidation, a sense of belonging, and a myriad of other reasons.

A lot of radicalisation seems to occur in front of a computer screen, and it would be a very naive parent who could honestly say they knew what their 15 year old children were up to.

Nice attempt at a rebuke, but it doesn't hold water.

A lot of radicalisation seems to occur in front of a computer screen, and it would be a very naive parent who could honestly say they knew what their 15 year old children were up to.

IG, I can state with 100% fact that there some people in the muslim community who do in fact know exactly what's going on and who are funding the radicalisation and hiding other things.

I do not think there have been many if any 15 year olds going to Syria or elsewhere alone.

Can I funny that without being labelled?

Can you point out where I said 15 year olds were going to Syria? People don't get radicalised overnight.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom