Honda SUV EV (Coming Very Soon)

PRESSTOG

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I went for a 1 to 1 interview in central London last week on my Hyundai Kona experience.

I thought this was Hyundai checking up on ownership as it was specifically sent to Kona owners offering them £150 to do a 60 min face to face interview on their experience with the car

But in the end it turned out it was Honda, who are launching an SUV in direct competition to the Kona/Niro

Having seen the little Honda E this really intrigued me as I think thats a great looking little city car, (A bit pricy tho)

Anyway, the SUV is looking like the Kona/Niro size so ok for small family, Very high quality tech wise with all the toys (Think Honda E on steroids).

|Battery size they did not give an exact figure but assured it was 320+ real world so got to be around 75kwh

The main discussion was around price and sensitivity to luxury car tax, the price seems to be aimed at Mid £40ks

So this could be a good one to look for Mid 2020

Just confirms manufactures are struggling to bring in decent range cars at under £40K.

Not great.

Seems they need to do the top of the range stuff to make money

I flinched at the thought of the Kona. At £32k for the top of the range one I really felt ripped off.. Looking at it now I got a bargain

The MG lookjs like a decent low end choice just wish they had managed to squeeze in a bigger battery and a heat pump

I'm sticking with my Golf GTE Hybrid for now. Was only £1,500 more than the comparable Diesel yet with my typical journeys I'm running pure electric 95% of the time in its 22 mile pure electric range. Average mpg equivalent over its first 11,000 miles is over 250mpg!

I still get close to the fun of a GTI when I get the occassional mood and it beats most things at the lights even in battery only mode.

Looks like a proper car inside & out too unlike many of the newer pure EV's which have gone Toy Town looks and cheap/boring interiors.

I swapped from a Golf R which averaged 28mpg o_O

Habit I suppose
But Now the price has gone up
Presuming ID 3 will come in close to 40k
I'm sticking with my Golf GTE Hybrid for now. Was only £1,500 more than the comparable Diesel yet with my typical journeys I'm running pure electric 95% of the time in its 22 mile pure electric range. Average mpg equivalent over its first 11,000 miles is over 250mpg!

I still get close to the fun of a GTI when I get the occassional mood and it beats most things at the lights even in battery only mode.

Looks like a proper car inside & out too unlike many of the newer pure EV's which have gone Toy Town looks and cheap/boring interiors.

I swapped from a Golf R which averaged 28mpg o_O

I had a Golf R too..... moving to a Tesla Model 3 :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom