For Sale Honda Legend KB1 2007 with all of the toys - 69k miles

careless_adi

Distinguished Member
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Reaction score
Burgess Hill, West Sussex, UK, Earth, Milky Way
Hello all,

I'm selling my 2007 Legend KB1 and thought I'd offer it here first at a reduced price.

Her name is Helga and she's covered almost 69k miles. She's got full Honda service history with a recent full service and new MOT. The cambelt was changed with Honda in 2015 when she was on 51,428 miles. She's got a 3.5 V6 petrol DOHC VTEC engine which really sings when pushed.
Performance is the same as a stage 1 remapped 2016 Ford Focus ST but with better cornering capabilities.
MPGs on a motorway is around 30, around town is about 24. Out of a full tank of fuel I've managed 370 miles.

If you're not familiar with the Honda Legend, it's a left field alternative to a BMW 5 series, Audi A6 and Mercedes E class. The options Helga comes with is extensive;

Lane departure system (factory fit option)
Radar cruise control (factory fit option)
Air conditioned and heated front seats (cooled seats is a factory fit option)
Dual Zone climate control
Auto dimming rear mirror
Auto dimming and heated side mirros
Memory front driver's seat
Memory steering column and side mirrors (which work in tandem with the memory seat)
Auto-dip side mirrors for easy parking (flick of a switch between left and right mirror to dip)
10 speaker BOSE sound system
Sat Nav (with latest updated maps for UK and Western Europe)
6 CD changer in dash with MP3/WMA compatibility
Bluetooth handsfree
Automatic rear windscreen sun blind
Manual rear door sun blinds
Electric sunroof
Automatic folding rear headrests
Full leather seats and steering wheel
Electric windows
ISOFIX in the rear
Front and rear fog lights
5 speed automatic gearbox with paddle shift (the best auto gear box I've ever had the pleasure to use)
Permanent 4 wheel drive (hence the Sports Handling All Wheel Drive [SH-AWD] logo on the back) which is remarkably similar to the haldex system used in Audi's (for reference I used to own an Audi A6 3.0TDI and a Q7 4.2V8TDI).

I've also hardwired a Wafatech Bluetooth/USB/SD card music playback system for ease of use. The Wafatech Bluetooth module I fitted into the glovebox and is very discreet. When in use, the screen shows 'EXTENSION' if you select Audio to display on the screen instead of the sat nav or trip computer display.

I bought Helga from CMW Suzuki in Ansty in March 2020 when she had 55k miles on the clock and took out the 3rd party warranty. Under the warranty, the off side door mirror was replaced as the auto dimming substance in the mirror had gone.
Also while it was under warranty, one of the auxiliary belts snapped and caused the air con to stop working. The belt and pully wheel were replaced by CMW.
The 3rd party warranty has now expired.

The front windscreen was replaced by Autoglass summer last year with a genuine Honda windscreen. The sensors built into the windscreen were also calibrated and part of the replacement were the two black shiny plastic trims that run along side the windscreen.

I've also fitted a hardwired Apeman 1440P front and 1080P rear dashcam but I think I'd like to keep that to fit into my next car.

I have the original floor mats she came with from the factory but I use 3rd party custom made rubber mats to make it more practical. Both sets included.

The off side head light xenon bulb was changed by Halfords a few months ago as he old one was flickering on occasion.

The front brake pads and discs were replaced along with the full service and MOT at Honda Gatwick just a week or two ago.

Helga comes with 2 working remote central keys, a full digital version of the service manual (what the technicians use at Honda), V5 logbook, the locking wheel nut, a spare windscreen wiper and a lovely interior smell of CK One - I had a pretty full bottle of the stuff in the larger storage compartment under the centre arm rest which leaked.

She's not in perfect condition but not far off, nothing a bit of TLC can't fix.

Bottom line price is £5,500, elsewhere I will advertise it for a bit more.

The reason for me needing to part with her is because I need a car with a bigger boot for moving around equipment for work. I'd be keeping her otherwise.
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

Price and currency
£5,500
Delivery cost included
Delivery Is Included
Prefer goods collected?
I prefer the goods to be collected
Advertised elsewhere?
Advertised elsewhere
Payment method
Cash or bank transfer
Please click the box to agree to the following statement
  1. I confirm my acceptance of the AVForums trading rules (link opens in a new window) and agree to abide by them at all times until the transaction is concluded to the satisfaction of all parties involved.

careless_adi

Distinguished Member
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Reaction score
Bump

VFR

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Reaction score
A nice set of wheels with a nice pedigree (so it says) that looks real genuine.

careless_adi

Distinguished Member
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Reaction score
She's certainly very genuine. It's a proper driver's luxury car. She feels more connected to the road than other BMW and Audi cars I've driven. They felt like machines whereas this Honda feels like it has a personality.
I'm quite sure it's going to be a future classic.

careless_adi

Distinguished Member
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Reaction score
Bump

mansid

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Reaction score
great looking car, and what a spec - too far from me but have a bump on me, due to the excellent choice in car.

careless_adi

Distinguished Member
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Reaction score
great looking car, and what a spec - too far from me but have a bump on me, due to the excellent choice in car.
It's certainly a nice drive as well. I'm happy to meet half way if that helps?

careless_adi

Distinguished Member
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Reaction score
Bump

careless_adi

Distinguished Member
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Reaction score
Bump

mka7793

Standard Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Reaction score
Hi there, lovely car. Before I put too much research in and fall in love more, would you have any way of getting the car up to Leeds post sale?

careless_adi

Distinguished Member
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Reaction score
Hi there, lovely car. Before I put too much research in and fall in love more, would you have any way of getting the car up to Leeds post sale?
Hi there. She is indeed a lovely car :)
Yes I'm happy to meet in Leeds. I can ask my fiancée to drive me back, or I can use public transport. I have my son every other weekend so I'd prefer to arrange it one weekend he isn't with me so I don't bore him too much.

Following on since I listed her, I've performed a headlight restoration and the headlights now are as good as new. Also, I've fitted all LED canbus bulbs for the interior lights which make Helga's interior look fresh.

Is there anything you'd like to know?

mka7793

Standard Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Reaction score
Hi there. She is indeed a lovely car :)
Yes I'm happy to meet in Leeds. I can ask my fiancée to drive me back, or I can use public transport. I have my son every other weekend so I'd prefer to arrange it one weekend he isn't with me so I don't bore him too much.

Following on since I listed her, I've performed a headlight restoration and the headlights now are as good as new. Also, I've fitted all LED canbus bulbs for the interior lights which make Helga's interior look fresh.

Is there anything you'd like to know?

Thanks for the quick response, that would be very handy. Headlight and interior light works sound great too! No further questions for now, I just wanted to check that before I go down a bit of a rabbit hole to work out running costs, insurance etc :) Off I go, and I will come back to you tomorrow!

careless_adi

Distinguished Member
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response, that would be very handy. Headlight and interior light works sound great too! No further questions for now, I just wanted to check that before I go down a bit of a rabbit hole to work out running costs, insurance etc :) Off I go, and I will come back to you tomorrow!
No problem at all :) If there is anything I can help with or have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

careless_adi

Distinguished Member
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Reaction score
Hi there. Hope you are well. Did you have any further thoughts on this?

mka7793

Standard Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Reaction score
Hi, sorry for the delay in coming back to you. I delved into the numbers and ran through some insurance quotes, but unfortunately I can't quite make it work for me. As a relatively newly qualified driver I found a surprising number of companies wouldn't insure me on the car, and those that would were unfortunately considerably more expensive than I expected. Best of luck with the sale and thanks for your speedy responses and offer to drive it to Leeds, it was very much appreciated. Whoever takes it will have an excellent car :)

careless_adi

Distinguished Member
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Reaction score
Hi, sorry for the delay in coming back to you. I delved into the numbers and ran through some insurance quotes, but unfortunately I can't quite make it work for me. As a relatively newly qualified driver I found a surprising number of companies wouldn't insure me on the car, and those that would were unfortunately considerably more expensive than I expected. Best of luck with the sale and thanks for your speedy responses and offer to drive it to Leeds, it was very much appreciated. Whoever takes it will have an excellent car :)
Hiya. Ah that's a shame. I've never had problems with insurance, I am however 37 and have been driving for 19 years with a clean license. I'm paying £350ish / year.
Have you tried direct line and Adrian Flux?

mka7793

Standard Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Reaction score
Hiya. Ah that's a shame. I've never had problems with insurance, I am however 37 and have been driving for 19 years with a clean license. I'm paying £350ish / year.
Have you tried direct line and Adrian Flux?

Direct Line wouldn't give a quote unfortunately, the cheapest I managed to get was £2100 (clean license, but less than 18 months) but that's quite a bit more than I'm paying now, hard to justify given the relatively low use that I do unfortunately!

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD-OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom