Honda Jazz 08+ Version

Certainly far better looking than the old model.:thumbsup:
The trouble with the Jazz is image, IMO.
Far more than any other car I think of, it seems to be driven by doddery pensioners.:thumbsdow
Any other car, you see examples of younger people driving them (Micra etc.)
Not so the Jazz.:confused:

I see a very fit young mummy driving her Jazz every day, so it's not universal.

Having said that, my mum does drive one :rotfl:

I quite like t he Honda Jazz, shame it would cost a fortune to Mugen it up
1482Honda_Jazz_1.jpg

It's the only car at the moment that ticks all my boxes.
Cheap to buy (especially with the scrappage)
Cheap to insure
Cheap to maintain
Very spacious
Plus the fact that they have made the front end very civic like means they are aiming it at the younger driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Avoid iPhones - they are rubbish.

And no, it's definitely the mummy's car - They certainly have a younger demographic in my part of the world.

I had one a few years ago. Absolutely brilliant. I've had much plusher and more expensive cars but none as well designed and well built as the Jazz. It was almost too good to be true!

The ex missus had one a few years ago, it was an absolutely brilliant car. really easy to drive, excellent gearbox and huge inside. Only minus point for me was that it could have done with a bit more grunt but I beleive the newer engines are more gutsier.

blackrod said:
The ex missus had one a few years ago, it was an absolutely brilliant car. really easy to drive, excellent gearbox and huge inside. Only minus point for me was that it could have done with a bit more grunt but I beleive the newer engines are more gutsier.
1.2 is 97bhp I think, top speed of 110mph
1.4 is 99bhp & 113mph all of the top of my head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How about newer Corsas? My dad just bought me one and its amazing, I chose it over the Jazz because the interior looks a lot better, and the exterior in my opinion, more sporty than the Jazz, even stock models. They also seem very well built, takes corners well, no squeaks or anything and a solid THUD when you close the doors, something you'd hear in bigger, more expensive cars. Road noise is also well taken care of.

The Jazz will no doubt be more reliable though lol, its Japanese after all.

How about newer Corsas? My dad just bought me one and its amazing, I chose it over the Jazz because the interior looks a lot better, and the exterior in my opinion, more sporty than the Jazz, even stock models. They also seem very well built, takes corners well, no squeaks or anything and a solid THUD when you close the doors, something you'd hear in bigger, more expensive cars. Road noise is also well taken care of.

I really wouldn't say its amazing at all. Its OK but that's about it. Easy to drive around town and fairly comfortable.

However, it has the awful, awful indicator system that give a quick flash of them when you half press it.

Also an interior better than the Jazz?! No way, Jose!

Corsa Interior or Jazz Interior.

Just look at that hideous slab of plastic on the Corsa!

I really wouldn't say its amazing at all. Its OK but that's about it. Easy to drive around town and fairly comfortable.

However, it has the awful, awful indicator system that give a quick flash of them when you half press it.

Also an interior better than the Jazz?! No way, Jose!

Corsa Interior or Jazz Interior.

Just look at that hideous slab of plastic on the Corsa!

Lol ok, maybe I went over the top with amazing, but hey, its my first car!

I love the indicator system, all the newer cars seem to have it like the 59 plate Passat courtesy car my dad had, its actually very useful once you get use to it.

And I prefer the interior not only in terms of looks, but build quality too. It feels a lot more solid than the Jazz, and well sealed all around. Road noise is also taken care of better by the Corsa than the Jazz.

That being said, interior looks are down to personal choice. But the symmetrical Corsa interior is definitely better, the Jazz looks like random bits of interior were stuck together and just thrown into the dash.

Last edited:
Jazz holds it value pretty well too, taken from a survey parkers did on depreciation over the first year...

1 Honda Jazz (08 on) - £1,379
2 Fiat 500 (08 on) - £1,460
3 SEAT Ibiza (08 on) - £1,552
4 Hyundai i10 (08 on) - £1,650
5 Mazda2 (07 on) - £1,702
6 Kia Picanto (04 on) - £1,760
7 VW Fox (06 on) - £1,781
8 Suzuki Swift (05 on) - £1,900
9 Toyota Aygo (05 on) - £2,148
10 Mitsubishi i (07 on) - £2,271

Honda are about the only Jap car maker that can do a very good interior. Not that our swift is that bad but it could be better, atleast they kept it simple. Vauxhall seem to have found about a hundred different types of plastic and they use them all in there new cars.

But can you fit a Graco Super Duluxe pram, a baby with car seat a girlfriend and still have room to put 2 weeks worth of shopping in the car in a Corsa ?
I can't do it in the Polo i have now.

Last edited:
Splash a bit more cash and get a CIVIC. I really love my 1.8 but they do a very sensible 1.4 as well.

Jazz is pretty nice but I agree with the comments about being an oap car. I mind Top Gear did a challenge with all the presenters mums in how long it took to tune the "wireless" to radio 2 , adjust the seat and drive off.

They lapped up the Jazz big time.

But can you fit a Graco Super Duluxe pram, a baby with car seat a girlfriend and still have room to put 2 weeks worth of shopping in the car in a Corsa ?
I can't do it in the Polo i have now.

I never really thought about that, im 19 lol. You could try, in the 5 door, but its unlikely lol.

Go for the Civic as Nismotronic suggested, it would fit all that and your mother in law too. Astra's also an option, but I prefer the Civic over the Astra.

Insurance is too much on the Civic and i've been told if you do have one stay away from the 1.4 as for a car of that calibre its not gutsy enough.
And i'm just about reaching my peak financially with the Jazz

I never really thought about that, im 19 lol. You could try, in the 5 door, but its unlikely lol.

Go for the Civic as Nismotronic suggested, it would fit all that and your mother in law too. Astra's also an option, but I prefer the Civic over the Astra.
LOL no worries give it a few years and you will think like that !

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom