Honda Civic Sat Nav installation

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by ramhirani, Apr 19, 2007.

1. ramhirani

ramhirani

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone , Someone help.
    I am about to attempt an installation of a Honda Sat nav unit out of CRV into a Civic 53 plate( this is the double din type, where the discs go behind the screen). I need to know what some of the connectors on the back do and if I need to use all of them. I know about the power connector but not too sure what the others are for. do any of you gurus out there have a service manual or know where I can get one. I also need to know where to pick up the speed pulse and where the gps antenna should be located. In fact a wiring diagram would be absalutley great. Honda were about as helpful as a ***** in a ****
    I do have diagrammes of the connectore but all abbreviated so I have no idea what some of it means.

Thanks in advance chaps

2. ramhirani

ramhirani

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok
    Sat Nav is in and most of it is working. Does anyone know where the speed pulse should be tapped into and I have a wire that is labelled "CHG" where does this go to both the VSS (pulse wire) and CHG wire are blue and white. I have identified all other wires so if anyone needs info send me an email. Ps: Someone mentioned that one of the other wires needs to be connected to the alternator, not sure how this makes any sense but i'm sure someone will educate me

Ram

3. moschino

moschino
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Ram,

I am also having problems installing a CR-V Satnav.

Grateful for any info you might have found out.

i will send a PM with the details.

many thanks.

Jim.

4. aniqkhan

aniqkhan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, i also have a honda civic and have recently fitted the sat nav in... i have installed 2 of the wires from the previous cd player, nd found it did not work... the reason for this is because i need the other wires, which i dont have... so im wondering if you could help me to get the sat nav up and running, which wires do i need? how do they connect ? and where can i purchase them from ?... thank u for your time, aniq

5. moschino

moschino
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Right....

Info on the CR-V Satnav system.......

Finally managed to produce a website with images of the installation booklet.

I am no web designer so please excuse the poor attempt.

If anyone would like to send me pics and info on how they did their install I can post them on the site to assist others.

I also have a SatNav for sale, from a 2003 CR-V complete with v2.03 map DVD.

Site address is

Home

Hope it helps!

Jim.

6. moschino

moschino
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Honda have produced a new kit for retrofitting satnav units.
    I have updated my site with the new part number.