Homophobic labour

• Thread starter Deleted member 27989
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 27989

Oh dear oh dear. A close friend of mine shared this with me. I must admit that I'm astonished that in 2017 people still express and think like this.

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2017/07/31/exclusive-labour-councillor-brands-pride-marchers-paedophiles/

I really hope the leadership deal with this swiftly and decisively and get rid of this vile woman.

Makes mockery of their party slogan doesn't it. For the many not the few. Hmm yeah right as long as you aren't gay nor Jewish nor support yourself.

Oh dear oh dear. A close friend of mine shared this with me. I must admit that I'm astonished that in 2017 people still express and think like this.

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2017/07/31/exclusive-labour-councillor-brands-pride-marchers-paedophiles/

I really hope the leadership deal with this swiftly and decisively and get rid of this vile woman.

Makes mockery of their party slogan doesn't it. For the many not the few. Hmm yeah right as long as you aren't gay nor Jewish nor support yourself.

Blimey, she makes Timmy Farron sound positively tolerant :laugh:

Roflmao good point well made.

What I don't get, is why she is still there?

Roflmao good point well made.

What I don't get, is why she is still there?

There is an obvious answer, but not one I am going to make.

I might have a go; surely Jeremy Corbyn wasn't shagging her as well? Together with Diane Abbott?

Lol :laugh::rotfl:

Along those sort of lines......

I can only imagine the reaction if someone had titled a thread 'Racist Tories' after the recent racist faux pas by one party member. It's getting like the Daily Mail in here :laugh:

That aside, seems like she's been suspended already. Judging by her tweets, it will likely be pending a mental health assessment, comes across as an absolute nutjob. She seems more at home preaching to zealots, not what I'd usually expect from the residents of Harrow who bizarrelly elected her as one of their councillors.

I can only imagine the reaction if someone had titled a thread 'Racist Tories' after the recent racist faux pas by one party member. It's getting like the Daily Mail in here :laugh:

That aside, seems like she's been suspended already. Judging by her tweets, it will likely be pending a mental health assessment, comes across as an absolute nutjob. She seems more at home preaching to zealots, not what I'd usually expect from the residents of Harrow who bizarrelly elected her as one of their councillors.
Aha the DA treatment, declare ill, then miraculously following elections she's all fine again ;)

No, not at all. They come across as the rantings of an absolute nutter. The mental health assessment is purely my own view, she's just as likely to be shipped off to the bible belt for all I know and certainly wouldn't be out of place there. At least she's shunted Trump out of first place in the stupid, ignorant tweeting stakes.

Reckon she could find a job in the Trump administration, they come up on a daily basis it seems ;).

No, not at all. They come across as the rantings of an absolute nutter. The mental health assessment is purely my own view, she's just as likely to be shipped off to the bible belt for all I know and certainly wouldn't be out of place there. At least she's shunted Trump out of first place in the stupid, ignorant tweeting stakes.
BTW That funny was a proper funny as I thought it was funny :) I don't deal out funny when I don't think it is funny. Funny that isn't it? :p

Nice one :)

Exclusive: Labour councillor brands Pride marchers ‘paedophiles’

Tory MP Margot James told PinkNews: “These are outrageous remarks, so ignorant and prejudiced."

MP Margot James then went on to qualify her comments "It's quite clear to me that claiming this councilor represents the Labour party is outrageous, ignorant and prejudiced"
"Homophobic christian evangelicals are clearly 'our thing' and Labour has no right to poach our thunder, my team are seeking legal advice on copyright infringement as we speak".

She's been suspended, first stage in the process. I've not read a recent version of the rule book, but I don't expect her to be a member of the Labour Party for much longer. If she's not booted out, she'll likely get deselected as a candidate if the local party is sufficiently angered.

Exclusive: Labour councillor brands Pride marchers ‘paedophiles’

Tory MP Margot James told PinkNews: “These are outrageous remarks, so ignorant and prejudiced."

MP Margot James then went on to qualify her comments "It's quite clear to me that claiming this councilor represents the Labour party is outrageous, ignorant and prejudiced"
"Homophobic christian evangelicals are clearly 'our thing' and Labour has no right to poach our thunder, my team are seeking legal advice on copyright infringement as we speak".
???? Is that your attempt of humour? At least try and put a smiley in there or highlight that you aren't actually quoting the article.

Most peculiar.

Come on, it really doesn't need a smilie to see that it's satirical humour, it's incredibly blatant.
I know this can be a humourless place, and it's no fat joke, but still.

Come on, it really doesn't need a smilie to see that it's satirical humour, it's incredibly blatant.
I know this can be a humourless place, and it's no fat joke, but still.
Perhaps if you paid attention then you can see it was already done, and in not in a style to pretend it was actually in the article.

Sometimes it's better to just not say anything if you don't have anything to contribute.

Huh? What am I supposed to have paid attention to? And what was already done? That literally makes no sense to me.

I read a joke, you said it needs signposting, I don't see why an obvious joke needs to be pointed out. No need for the last comment at all, it was never a reply to get on your high horse about.

Perhaps if you paid attention then you can see it was already done, and in not in a style to pretend it was actually in the article.

Sometimes it's better to just not say anything if you don't have anything to contribute.

Are you sure it's not more the case you don't like it because it's a stab at the right wing rather than a case that you can't tell it's satire ?

The Christian Evangelical movement is predominantly right wing, especially in the US were it is a far more significant demographic (about 25%-30% of US citizens are Evangelical Christians).
Out of all demographics, Christian Evangelicals are the MOST likely to vote Republican and hold right wing views.

The fact that this fruit bat is an Evangelical minister as well as a councilor for Labour is ironic enough, but the fact that she also was attacking liberals in her tweets as supporters of 'paedophiles' made it all the more bizarre.

If no one mentioned what party she belong to or here ethnic origin and a councilor tweeted about the design of a planned new shopping centre was misogynistic and racist, because if you squeezed your eyes together, looked sideways at it after drinking 1/2Litre of gin and falling over, it looked like dragon ... and we all know what that means - dragon is a prejorative word for a powerul and assertive woman and the leader of the KKK is the grand dragon ... it's so OBVIOUS.
............. most people would tend to guess it was a Labour councilor.

From the attacking liberals and the other Christian evangelical homophobic drivel of those tweets, I would bet money on the majority of people guessing she was either a member of UKIP or a Conservative.

Hence my satirical fake news that I would consider most users of these forums able to differentiate from the actual article ... especially since you can read the article and no where does it say anything like it.

Are you sure it's not more the case you don't like it because it's a stab at the right wing rather than a case that you can't tell it's satire ?

The Christian Evangelical movement is predominantly right wing, especially in the US were it is a far more significant demographic (about 25%-30% of US citizens are Evangelical Christians).
Out of all demographics, Christian Evangelicals are the MOST likely to vote Republican and hold right wing views.

The fact that this fruit bat is an Evangelical minister as well as a councilor for Labour is ironic enough, but the fact that she also was attacking liberals in her tweets as supporters of 'paedophiles' made it all the more bizarre.

If no one mentioned what party she belong to or here ethnic origin and a councilor tweeted about the design of a planned new shopping centre was misogynistic and racist, because if you squeezed your eyes together, looked sideways at it after drinking 1/2Litre of gin and falling over, it looked like dragon ... and we all know what that means - dragon is a prejorative word for a powerul and assertive woman and the leader of the KKK is the grand dragon ... it's so OBVIOUS.
............. most people would tend to guess it was a Labour councilor.

From the attacking liberals and the other Christian evangelical homophobic drivel of those tweets, I would bet money on the majority of people guessing she was either a member of UKIP or a Conservative.

Hence my satirical fake news that I would consider most users of these forums able to differentiate from the actual article ... especially since you can read the article and no where does it say anything like it.

Except that Margot James is herself gay, and about as far removed from a "homophobic christian evangelical" as you can get, so the "joke" fell flat on it's a*** i'm afraid.

I know you often refer to this group when you are supporting the opposite view.
But if it's widely supported (25%-30%), it cannot be considered a fringe group, and should be given the same kind of respect that we give to, say, the Muslim faith?
Just a point.

So replying to a tweet is invading her privacy? Definitely a Friend of Trump.

But if it's widely supported (25%-30%), it cannot be considered a fringe group, and should be given the same kind of respect that we give to, say, the Muslim faith?
Just a point.

Don't be silly Cliff, these people hold "right wing views" :eek: They probably all have a portrait of Adolf in the living room, for goodness sake, and read the Daily Mail.

Respect? Tolerance of a different viewpoint? Only if they all attend progressive re-education camp...

Except that Margot James is herself gay, and about as far removed from a "homophobic christian evangelical" as you can get, so the "joke" fell flat on it's a*** i'm afraid.

In your opinion ;)

Humor is subjective dear, especially if it is at the expense of something you strongly support or strongly oppose .... you seem to find a lot of things funny about lefty liberals merely because they are insulting and contain far less whit and imagination than even what I posted (even if I do say so myself):blush:

In your opinion ;)

Humor is subjective dear, especially if it is at the expense of something you strongly support or strongly oppose .... you seem to find a lot of things funny about lefty liberals merely because they are insulting and contain far less whit and imagination than even what I posted (even if I do say so myself):blush:

Margot James being gay is not my opinion, it's just fact.

The thing about humour is that is has to have a basis in truth in order to be funny, so if Margot James was a well known heterosexual evangelical christian (like that well known right winger Timmy Farron:D), it might have stood up.

But bearing in mind she has nothing to do with evangelical christians, and therefore unlikely to make a statement in support of them, your attempted joke died on it's a***.

Substitute Timmy Farron for Margot James, and it would have worked. But then it wouldn't have fitted your anti- Tory agenda.....;)

Just a point.

Who's this 'we' ?

I don't care if they are a fringe group or 95% of the population.
You do remember that I am an anti-theist and not just an atheist ?
I have NO respect for the muslim faith or any other faith for that matter.
I do have a respect for the rights of individuals not to be singled out for special treatment be it either negative or positive, since I believe that all individuals should be treated equally under the law regardless of their faith or lack thereof.

I respect individual people for who they are as an individual and their actions, not what demographic they belong to - however, when they are public figures, especially in positions of authority or power and are connected to a particular demographic that has general ideological views that are ideal subjects for satirical comment, then it's fair game.