Question Hometheter in 160Sqft

ShajiKrishna

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am planning to setup a hometherer in 160Sqft (15 x 11) room.
Planning Front LR Towers, LR Surround Bookshelf and rear In-Wall Speakers. 4 Nos Ceiling atmos.
SUB is SVS PB1000.

Can you prefer some good speakers for 7.1.4 channels setup ?
Elac Debut, SVS Prime, Polk Signature , KEF, Wharfedale Diamond series are analyzed, But not able to fix the right one.
Could you please advise ? Is SVS Prime better than Elac ? Is it necessary to keep all speakers in same brand ? My usage 50% films & 50% for Music.

Kindly advise.

'Is SVS Prime better than Elac ?' - that depends on your listening experience and suitability of each design for your Room and Room layout.

Room - a floor plan with seating, furniture, windows, doors radiators indicated is a good starting point.

Display - you don't say f you are planning around a TV or Projector (or both).

Speakers - towers may work or you may be better with limited range cabinets with the Sub underpinning them. The Front LCR should ideally be the same speaker (or a matched set) the Surrounds and Immersive channels are usually simpler to match if they are from the same range, though many folk mix and match when it comes to those channels.

Purchasing - are you able to work with a local supplier or will you have to purchase without listening to the options?

Joe

'Is SVS Prime better than Elac ?' - that depends on your listening experience and suitability of each design for your Room and Room layout.

Room - a floor plan with seating, furniture, windows, doors radiators indicated is a good starting point.

Display - you don't say f you are planning around a TV or Projector (or both).

Speakers - towers may work or you may be better with limited range cabinets with the Sub underpinning them. The Front LCR should ideally be the same speaker (or a matched set) the Surrounds and Immersive channels are usually simpler to match if they are from the same range, though many folk mix and match when it comes to those channels.

Purchasing - are you able to work with a local supplier or will you have to purchase without listening to the options?

Joe

Joe, Thanks for the reply.

Room layout : Please find the attached image. Its designed for both Music and Movies. thats why bit akward layout.

Display - Projector BenQ W1050 with 110" screen

Speakers - The below are in mind:
Front stage (LCR) Planning Elac F6.2 and C6.2. Surround LR - Q Acoustics 2020i (I have this) , Back LR Elac OWB 4.2, Ceiling Elac IC 1005

Purchasing - No option for audition :(

Also may use one extra two channel power amp for Front LR.

Kindly give your valuable comments.

Shaji

Attachments

• My HT_ROOM_PLAN CRP.jpg
    My HT_ROOM_PLAN CRP.jpg
    228.7 KB · Views: 40

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom