Question Homeplug suggestions for Wifi?

Discussion in 'Networking & NAS' started by mozza54, Apr 22, 2016.

1. mozza54

mozza54

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +429
    Im having a look at tidying up my home network and was looking for some homeplug suggestions. At the minute I've got a couple of TP Link plugs downstairs which run on a 1gb connection and then 2 Netgear AV200 plugs upstairs running at 10/100. For wireless Ive got the upstairs plugs connected to a couple of Wirelss routers I had kicking about and all the ip addresses are assigned by the main router in the Living Room.

The setup works ok but needs multiple plug sockets and can have issues from time to time that basically has me turning it all off and on again so Im looking at other options to try and reduce and points where the setup may fail.

I need a wireless signal upstairs as the signal in the Living room doesn't reach far so Ive been looking at homeplugs that are wireless and thats where I get a bit stuck. Im after a homeplug that will connect to the one at the router through the powerline and provide a wireless signal to the rooms upstairs. All Ive been able to find so far have been repeaters that seem to connect via Wifi and extend the signal.. which Id imagine wouldnt be great in my house.

Hopefully that makes sense? Can I get powerline adapters that work in the way im after? Im working on the basis that the poweline connection would be stronger and more stable than a wifi bridge??

2. cjed

cjed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +578