Homeplug question

Discussion in 'Networking & NAS' started by Rad, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Rad

Rad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I'm looking to buy a set of homeplugs, the question I have is this...

My nas and router are under the stairs in my house so I will have 1 homeplug in there, the 2nd homeplug will be getting used in a variety of places either to stream HD to the bedroom or simply get a faster connection to my nas from my laptop.

I see that the homeplugs require you to press a button on each device for 5 seconds to pair them together, are there any out there that I can leave 1 on all the time (the one under the stairs) and just plug the other one in when needed and not have to depress the buttons for 5 seconds, the reason for this is I don't want to have to crawl under the stairs to press the button on the one next to the router/nas everytime I want to use it.

Cheers, :thumbsup:

2. Fe_man2000

Fe_man2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +226
    yeah - I use devolo 200mb AV plugs and they do not have the encryption/pairing button.

3. Rad

Rad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi,

Strange as I was looking at those, in particular the 1 to 3 with wireless extender but it said it had a button. the 3 connections would be handy for sky, ps3 and the telly like :D

Do you have a link to the ones you used, pm me if posting links is not allowed.

Cheers, :thumbsup:

4. robinho

robinho
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Generally once the two are connected you can turn them on and off and they'll reconnect without using the connect button. The connect button is only used to get both to agree a password, once its saved you shouldn't need to do it again.

You can add more than two homeplugs to the same network to save having to move them.