1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HomePlug Networking Review

Discussion in 'Networking & NAS' started by akash, Aug 5, 2005.

1. akash

akash
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Devolo MicroLink® dLAN® Highspeed Ethernet HomePlug.

http://www.devolo.co.uk/uk_EN/produkte/dLAN/mdlanhsethernet.html

This product is simply the best networking product I have tried. It is so simple to use, pure plug N play. No need for any security like WPA,WEP,etc. Your power meter in your house is the best firewall.
    Used with Mac & Pc
    I have got 3 adapters, 1 connected to the internet on groundfloor, 2nd plug in 1st floor pc, 3rd plug in 2nd floor.
    The connection speed is amazing, 60-70 MBit/s throughput. Miles better than even MIMO ( 30-40MBit/s ) And this on all floors!
    I even hooked up my linksys WRT54G router to the plug on the 2 nd floor, connected PC via ethernet port on router & then used apple power book to connect wirelessly. Just brilliant.
    Can't wait fot the 200MBit/s versions to come out.

PS: I have tried Netgear Rangemax, Belkin Mimo & Buffalo wireless router. These are no comparison
    HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

2. stlic

stlic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Oh the first of the high speed units.. looks interesting. What's the latency like? A little expensive at £120 for two points but I'm sure prices will drop.