Homeplug issue

mcinp

Standard Member
Reaction score
hi,
i bought 2 orange homeplug "kits" for my house (Orange HomePlug - Orange Accessories) . Each kit contains 2 homeplugs. I have tested both kits separately and they both work. However, when i try using an all four plugs (or 3) at a time, only 1 reciever works.

For example, from my first kit I have 1 plug connected to the router, and the other plug from the kit connected to my PC. This is working fine.

If i use a plug from the other kit and connect it to my PS3, i get no PS3 network connection. The PC network still works.

From reading your FAQ i was under the impression that I should be able to use 3 of my plugs as receivers and 1 as the sender plugged into my router.

Have i bought incompatible home plugs or do i have a different issue?

I think my router is a BTVoyager 1500.

Any help or info would be much appreciated.

Oh, and a happy new year to everyone on this great forum!

Hi mcinp,

Happy New Year and welcome to AVForums.

As both kits are the same you should be able to use all four plugs.

The router should make no difference as you only have one plug connected directly to it.

Just to check, have you tried one plug from kit A into the router and one plug from kit B into the PC and does this work?

Trevor

hi trevor, thanks for the info.

The network does not work if i use a plug from each kit.

The network only works if i use plugs with matching serial numbers.

I can't seem to find instructions for Orange Homeplugs via Google so we'll have to take this one step at a time.

Do the kits come with an installation CD and have you installed it?

Last edited:
fixed!! :thumbsup:

after installing the devolo software i set a password for all 4 of my home plugs. they all work fine now.

the 2 kits i bought must have been shipped with different passwords. either that or the act of setting passwords resolved the hidden conflict.

it would have been nice for orange to bundle the devolo software and instructions with their kit.

i hope this is useful for others and thanks for your assistance trevor.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom