Homemade speaker shoes! (Pics)

Bossk128

I wondered if anybody was interested in my homemade speaker shoes. After finding out they were £16 per speaker, my tight gene kicked in. I've no idea about their sonic qualities, but they certainly protect my floors.

I chopped up some corks into quarter slices, and glued them to small copper discs, cost me about 16p in all (I already had the corks) :D

Here's some pics, including injuries. I should've been more careful with the kitchen knife cutting up the corks.

25082007001.jpg

25082007.jpg

25082007002.jpg

25082007003.jpg

What do you think :rotfl:

stuart07970

I think most people just use the pennies:rotfl:

and some drill a little indentation into the penny so the spike has something to align with.

Looks like a nasty cut.......whats that?........."only a fleshwound?":rotfl:

Bossk128

I need to make a third set for my subwoofer now. I'll be more careful, maybe using safety glasses too. :D

bsimmer3000

What did you say you cut the cork with? your theeth? but hey if they work then great. cheap but effective.

yetanotherbob

These are proper speaker shoes:

mp3shoes.jpg

I would love to see the homeland security man's face, as I boarded a Trans-Atlantic flight with a pair of those on :rolleyes: :rotfl:

Bob

Bossk128

What did you say you cut the cork with? your theeth? but hey if they work then great. cheap but effective.

True, they are a bit messy. SWMBO wasn't out long though, she still isn't impressed despite my wounds.

bsimmer3000

DeeGee7

Having drunk the 4 bottles of wine to get the corks, without the need to cut anything, I've reached the state of mind where I don't really care what damage the speaker spikes can do...

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom